Author Topic: 2012 vids  (Read 8337 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: 2012 vids
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, »
Great idea for SSC's Chris.  Thanks.  I am rather surprised how well everything including my SSC's held up this year.  I didn't do much in terms of waterproofing, in fact all my SSC's are just stock. 

Yep, the spots are 2 wire.  Pics attached.  They also have a pcb.  I couldn't really determine what wire was what so I just went with blue - hot, brown - ground worked OK I guess.  If you look closely on the pcb you will see MR16...  Also, the light is actually very well built, machined aluminum etc.  It's kinda heavy actually.  The spot light throw is due to a large glass concave lens.

I think with a DSC you will need to tie all grounds together.  RGB are each one light. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, »
Thank you Sam, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Ill second, hard to find anything wrong with the sequencing considering I wished I could sequence like that.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, »
Jim, I can't get a new camera if I plan to add a mega tree...   ;D  The camera I have does just fine for what I need (pic attached - first tubby!) with the exception of the light show vids.  I can deal with that. 

Todd, you're not hijacking anything.  Happy to give the info.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, »
Very cute, Ill admit I miss those days (don't let my wife know that).......

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, »
What a cutie.  If I lived closer, my wife would love to babysit that one.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, »
I might need a babysitter the more I look into mega trees...  Lots of opinions, options, and work...  (oh yeah, let's not forget money  ;D)

Jim, while doing some research on sharing sequences I saw post of your over at DIYC about ultrashows.  Are the sequences any good? 

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, »
I have no recollection of what I might have said about ultrashows or when.  What are you looking for?  A place to post them?  Did you look at landolights.com or the libraries at LSP or DoItYyourselfChristmas.com? Regardless of where you post them the whole problem of downloaded sequences is whether or not they fit the "downloadees" layout or style.  I probably have well over 100 downloaded sequences covering LOR, LSP, and Vixen2.1/2.5, yet I am still using a basic set of 6 to 8 sequences because a) I can't really make the download fit good with my layout or b) after looking at it or trying to make it fit my layout I just do not like the downloaded sequencing or maybe just the music. When I look at your videos I can see how I would translate your layout to mine, but how well it would work is another ballgame.  Tools like xlights help in translating from one sequencer to another.  I keep using Vixen even though I own LSP 2.5 and LOR S3 and I think I finally understand the differences of using the grid or the transitions of LSP.  Vixen tools like the mapper utility, editable adjustable preview, and the routine loader as well as nutcracker make it fairly easy to stay with Vixen for me.  Maybe this year I will try some LSP stuff again.  I quit working on LSP in 2011 because I was having to much trouble trying to import my sequences from Vixen to LSP and I was running out of time.  I think it is a little easier and also better understood now so I would just have to recreate my default controller layout and preview to try it again.  I commend you for your willingness to share.  For those of us that are talentless when it comes to sequencing you will be a godsend.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, »
Jim, we are very much on the same page.  I believe the key is a generic layout which I haven't figured out yet, but have some ideas.  If I took the time to create this layout and condense the channel count it might just be doable. 

Ultimately, I will give you guys a few good sequences to get you hooked until you beg for more and are willing to pay for my mega tree...   ;D

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2013, »
we'll just send you all our old bad nodes     hehe
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2013, »
Willing to Trade:
Custom sequencing.  References available upon request.  I will sequence the song of your choice for 128ct tested and burnt-in Ray Wu SS nodes...   ;D

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, »
I do not have any nodes but WILL WORK FOR SEQUENCES. Now if I can only photo shop a bum holding a will work for food sign. to will work for sequences.

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, »
Light show was very nice,  some excellent use of the nodes there.  Loved the Bethleham star.

R,
Tony "C"

Offline zwiller

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, »
Thanks Tony. Been wanting to do one for years.  I didn't have the room for the larger holiday coro star so I had to make one smaller.  The build went pretty straightforward and now I wonder why I put off so long.  This year I am thinking I will mount it somehow to the chimney to give it more of real Bethlehem star look since it will be high in the air.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, »
I do not have any nodes but WILL WORK FOR SEQUENCES. Now if I can only photo shop a bum holding a will work for food sign. to will work for sequences.

Shaun,
It will be close to 60F Saturday, just get it all down and in the garage.  I will put it away...   ;D

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, »
GREAT display.  VERY well done

Yep, the spots are 2 wire.  Pics attached.
Are those pictures of the floods that you used or is that the bright white lights you used on the top corners of the house and throughout?