Author Topic: removing all sequences  (Read 2945 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
removing all sequences
« on: January 08, 2013, »
How do you remove exiting sequences in lightshow pro. what I am trying to do is remove all my 2012 sequences and start new for 2013. I am gettin confused with the list in recent seq. that are in the box that pops up when you open LSP I would like it to be blank and start over and get rid of the test seq. and the 2012 seq. from the list.
Jeff

Offline zwiller

Re: removing all sequences
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, »
Just delete everything in my lightshowpro sequences folder under my documents.  Not sure that it will clear that pop up box but I just disabled that anyway.  Maybe do a clean install if you really want it that way.   

I am waiting to see a new release before I do anything for 2013.  I expect many large changes. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, »
Rename you existing sequences to have 2012 in the start or end and then use the same for each year.  This is what I started doing.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, »
Just delete everything in my lightshowpro sequences folder under my documents.  Not sure that it will clear that pop up box but I just disabled that anyway.  Maybe do a clean install if you really want it that way.   

I am waiting to see a new release before I do anything for 2013.  I expect many large changes.
I have tried the clean install and deleting exiting seq and no go THANKS FOR RESPONDING it seem their should be away to remove old or unwanted seq. from the list
Jeff

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, »
When I had issues with clean installs I had to kill a LSP process running in the background after uninstall before I rebooted to do clean install.  You might try that, but I am not overly pc techie, just dangerous.   ;D  I agree you should be able to do this, maybe time to report as a bug?
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, »
Ok, figured some of it out. In my LSP Sequencer directory there is a file called "tbmru" with no extension. It contains a list of filenames, so I moved that file out of the folder and opened LSP and the previous list was empty. But seems like that is kept backed up somewhere as it reappeared. So I just edited it with a text editor to delete all but the first file, and loaded it and only that file showed up. But again when I closed LSP the file repopulated with all the other sequences. I will keep playing with it, but not sure where else to look for this list. Went through the windows register, but nothing in there.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline caretaker

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, »
What happens if you move all your sequences out of your "My Lightshowpro Sequences" directory to another directory, delete tbmru and restart LSP...

Jeff Squires

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, »
It still remade the complete list. And even making a new sequence from scratch it only added it to the top of the old list.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, »
why not create your new sequences, and have those show up in that list?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, »
why not create your new sequences, and have those show up in that list?
I could do that , I just have alot of TEST SEQ made while learning LSP and was trying to see if you could remove the unwanted SEQ from the list.
Jeff

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, »
i would suspect then, that the info is stored in the registry somewhere, but i don't recommend users going into their registry as a wrong setting can make your computer unusable.

EDIT:  Read the post below this for correct answer!  :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, by chrisatpsu »
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, »
The "most-recently-used" (MRU) files names at start-up are taken from the file "tbmru".  This file is located in C:\Program Files\Minleon\LSP Sequencer.  But it's not as simple as emptying or deleting that file because the MRU file names are also in the file "user.config".  This file is located in C:\Users\"your user id"\AppData\Local\Minleon...\...\2.5...  When you are finished using LSP and shut down the program it appears to merge the MRU files names from both locations above and updates them with the "new" MRU names.  So to start with a blank slate you need to do the following. 

If you are not comfortable doing this then DON'T DO IT!

***  Do so at your own risk ***

1. Backup file "user.config".
2. Edit "user.config" deleting each of the four (4) line entries for the file name you want to delete' starting with ListToolItem, Key, Text and ListToolItem.  The first entry can be found by searching for the first file name in the list.
3. Save file "user.config".
4. Delete file "tbmru".
4. Start LSP.

I have tried this and it works with no ill affects.

If anything goes wrong then restore a copy of the backup file "user.config" from step 1.

Denny

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, »
I always just put the year at the end of the sequence name. If i need to make changes in the next year, i open it up and make the changes and click (save as) and change the year on the sequence. I of course also have all the years in their own folder, so determining the sequences apart from each other is not a problem.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, »
The "most-recently-used" (MRU) files names at start-up are taken from the file "tbmru".  This file is located in C:\Program Files\Minleon\LSP Sequencer.

over at LSP I was told to just delete the "tbmru" file or what ever is in thier I do not want using the text opener, so heres what worked for me.

Deletedeverything in the file through notepad and then deleted the file itself, shut down and rebooted and all is gone YAAAAAAAA

THANKS YALL FOR ALL THE HELP YALL ROCK
Jeff

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, »
The "most-recently-used" (MRU) files names at start-up are taken from the file "tbmru".  This file is located in C:\Program Files\Minleon\LSP Sequencer.

over at LSP I was told to just delete the "tbmru" file or what ever is in thier I do not want using the text opener, so heres what worked for me.

Deletedeverything in the file through notepad and then deleted the file itself, shut down and rebooted and all is gone YAAAAAAAA

THANKS YALL FOR ALL THE HELP YALL ROCK
I never tried rebooting, but for me just deleting that file, or editing it only worked for the next time you opened LSP. Then the complete list was readded to it when I shut the program down. Denny's instructions did work though.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL