Author Topic: 1st Lynx Express v5 COOP for 2013 - ** No longer accepting orders **  (Read 56162 times)

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity

Thanks for all the hard work and the updates Kurt

Richard

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
All,

Since I am very close to begin shipping, I need for everyone who receives their kits, to check out what was shipped.  In the least, pull out the manifest (it will be a one sheeter at the top of the shipping container inside the shipping box) and check all the baggies and sub baggies to make sure all the parts match up to the manifest.  The PCB, heatsink, and transformer (the big square 6 pin beast) are the only things on the manifest that DOES NOT have a specific label.  double check that you are not missing any labeled thing.  I don't expect everyone to look to make sure you get the correct number of items (especially for the TRIACs, LEDs, etc. since these can number in the hundreds) before the build.  It is very possible that I mis-counted somewhere.  If you find yourself short of something -- for whatever the reason -- please contact me ASAP via PM on DLA.  I will work as quickly as possible to correct any mistakes and get whatever you might need as soon as I am able to.  This also means that you may not be building your stuff until months from now (if you are like me you will not do any builds until July! LOL), it doesn't matter how long it has been, just let me know if I made a mistake and I will fix it.

Did I mention, make sure you got the right number of orders, and that you should check your manifest to your bagged and tagged parts?  Yes?!  Okay.  Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
Received the heatsinks and PCBs today.  Will begin the process of boxing, labeling and shipping. 

I still have two backorders from Mouser I am waiting on.

Kurt
------

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
One box from Mouser showed up just a few minutes ago.  Looks like I am only missing the backorder for the 8 position LED displays now.

Kurt
------

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
Just got shipping confirmation for my order. Thanks so much Kurt. Well done!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
I just finished boxing, labeling, and shipping 40+ orders (around half).  I will try to update the list (second post on first page of this forum) with the exact folks who are shipped later tonight.

The others are awaiting a backorder of 8 part LED displays that are due in early April.  I apologize to the folks that are affected by the delay.  I am working to get all the orders out as soon as humanly possible.

On a side note, I will be out next week during my kids' spring break.  We will be in Williamsburg VA enjoying the sites and a much needed family retreat. I will be monitoring the forum, but probably won't be very active.

Kurt
------

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Got my shipping notice! Thanks for the hard work and efficiency in running this coop!  <res. <res. <res.  <wd..

Offline DonFL

First DIYLA co-op for me..incredible! Can't say thank you enough.

Offline cooljd

Thanks for the update.  No need to apologize. 

Thanks for all your hard work!

Jim

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
One of the COOP members asked me what the backordered part was.  It is the 8-segment LED display (there are three used in the Lynx Express) that shows the address number and also shows a boot-up message when you first power on the unit.  It looks like those old time digital watch displays (I think they called it crystal LED or something like that).  The mouser part is 604-SA04-11GWA (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  I also see by their website that the delivery date has been pushed yet again.  Now it looks like 4/26.  Driving me crazy!

Kurt
------

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Digikey has them in stock, but you have already probally put the order in with mouser, and waiting fro them to get the displays in.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
Digikey has them in stock, but you have already probally put the order in with mouser, and waiting fro them to get the displays in.
hollandlights,
Thanks, I am aware of Digikey's stockpile.  I have been working with Mouser to see if I can back out of the backorder.  If I am successful, I will get those from Digikey so the delay will only be a week or so (when I get back from vacation).  The other issue is that Digikey's product is more expensive.  It has been one of the reasons I have delayed going this route.   There is about a $1 difference between the two.  Mouser is $.56 per and Digikey is $.88 per (and we need 3 per order).

Kurt
------

Offline drlucas

Didn't explore the pricing, but this is another option with over 2000 in stock....

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline Orion

Christmas is a long time from now.  Kurt you are doing a great job with this coop.  Thank you for all of your hard work.  Good things come to those who wait. 

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
Christmas is a long time from now.  Kurt you are doing a great job with this coop.  Thank you for all of your hard work.  Good things come to those who wait.

You are correct about Christmas. However, my wife wants her dining room back, so i have to expedite if possible.  I am going to use the digikey product, as my contingency funds for the coop can handle the price delta.

I expect to have the next and last round of shipping come in mid-April as originally planned.

Kurt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

------