Author Topic: 1st Lynx Express v5 COOP for 2013 - ** No longer accepting orders **  (Read 56182 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can't blame Kurt for misstakes on the heatsinks. Dad and I did then and Dad never makes mistakes (least I grew up being told that!) So it must be me.  I sent some extras for kurt but if you need more kurt let me know.

RJ

I have ordered 100 nuts as it seems these are what every one is missing (for those that are missing the nuts).  Without any pun intended, let me know if you are missing your nuts and I will send them out to you as soon as possible.  Just give me a count.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dhemond

Ok, I'll take one for the Newbie team.  Since this is my first coop, what is supposed to be in our heatsink bags?  I have no idea if I have them all.

David

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
18 X bolts
2 X nylon risers
2 X nylon washers
16 X lock nuts
1 X red anodized heat sink
------

Offline winwin

Kurt,

I too received my kits this week. You did a tremendous work doing this coop. It is really greatly appreciated!

Bernard

AL.

Offline drlucas

Wow! just got the box today...probably the fastest shipping so far from the US to Canada. I did a quick check and see all the nuts and bolts for the two kits.

Thanks Kurt!!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
Wow! just got the box today...probably the fastest shipping so far from the US to Canada. I did a quick check and see all the nuts and bolts for the two kits.

Thanks Kurt!!

I talked with the postal clerk about the changes in shipping to Canada (maybe you guys already knew, but postage to Canada actually decreased this last year from the US).  She mentioned that the USPS had figured out a way to piggy-back on shipments north and south to maximize efficiency and lower costs.  I guess this is part of that efficiency.

Kurt
------

Offline drlucas

Hope so....just for awareness the tax man visits with the mail guy....and collects HST (our state/federal tax rolled into one - harmonized sales tax) from you at the door. have exact change or a credit card on hand. I was expecting this part...so maybe some of the efficiency comes from offloading that tax work to the last guy...it's good to get the box sooner, but i'd rather have paid all my money up front.

regardless, don't matter, i have myself two LE kits in hand and some work ahead of me now :) i'm excited. thanks again!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline plaberge

• Every good project requires a new tool
    • Laberge Christmas Lights
Hi Kurt,

My kit got delivered yesterday. *Very* nicely kitted & packed.

Thanks again for running a great co-op!

Paul.
- Paul
  North Vancouver, BC

Offline battle79

Thanks Kurt,

Just got mine down under in Australia. Good news, all the heatsin parts are accounted for. Will check everything else soon when I get a chance.

Can't thanks you enough, and can't wait to add my rope lights to the sequenced fun and games.

Cheers,
Rowan

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
Sounds like most folks are getting their packages.  If you have not received your kit yet, please PM me. 

I am still waiting on the lock nuts to come in (should be here next week) for those who need them.

Thanks,

Kurt
------

Offline battle79

Quick note for anyone building these to run 240V.

The PCB has changed slightly and the 330ohm resistors are no longer required to swap out 16 of the 180ohm resistors. Instead now you need 16x 100KOhm 1/2W resistors to replace the 16x 47KOhm ones. Not a problem, but something that could trip you up.

Cheers,
Rowan

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
Rowan,

This is a good point.  Perhaps for future COOPs we have a 240V option, as we are increasing our non-US membership. 

Kurt
------

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Quick note for anyone building these to run 240V.

The PCB has changed slightly and the 330ohm resistors are no longer required to swap out 16 of the 180ohm resistors. Instead now you need 16x 100KOhm 1/2W resistors to replace the 16x 47KOhm ones. Not a problem, but something that could trip you up.

Cheers,
Rowan

This is not correct!

You still need to change the 180 resistors to 330 ohm. You also need to change the 47k to 100k!

This is important.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline battle79

Thanks for the clarifacation RJ,

Good to know these things before you let the magic smoke out of something.

Cheers,
Rowan

Offline DonFL

Got mine today  thanks for all your hardwork kurt  it looked like a monumental project  :) :) :)
barry

do thet ever do a dongle coop ????
barry

If you're looking for the standard dmx dongle, PC boards are currently available in RJ's store..its an easy build, and a solid dongle.