Author Topic: first coop 2013 Pics progammed?  (Read 1625 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
first coop 2013 Pics progammed?
« on: January 10, 2013, »
Just checking.. If I am reading right the 1st coop for 2013 the pics are going to be programmed ?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: first coop 2013 Pics progammed?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, »
That is what it says.  But you will be well served to buy a Pickit of your own.  Things do get messed up and have to be reprogrammed and sometimes products do have new firmware made available.  Witness the SSCs that are now on ver 3 of the firmware.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, »
plus with human error, there could be ones that might slip though unprogrammed. When i see that the pic are going to be programmed, i read that as He's going to take his best effort to program them. It still falls on us to make sure, or to be prepared in case we need to re program them.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, »
I do a write and a verify and a double check (my elven helpers help).  This will be my fourth COOP run and to date, I do not know of a single mis-PIC program (albiet one of the COOPs was the etherdongle, which was not programmed).  It actually is not that difficult to do as part of the COOP.  Gives me time to catch up on a lot of the DVR programs that I have been meaning to watch.

And yes, programming the PIC is part of the offering.

I also +1 on the above comments.  It is a good (and relatively inexpensive investment) that will help you greatly in your DIY life.  Not only for troubleshooting, but also that some of the COOPs DO NOT offer pre-programming and the fact that firmware does get updated from time-to-time.

Kurt
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, by kgustafson »
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, »
I do have a pickit 3 just wanted to make sure I read it right. LOL . There was some confusion in the last couple of coops wether or not the pics were programmed

Offline winwin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, »
Kurt,

Programming the PIC is going the extra mile and it is really appreciated! Thank you!
AL.