Author Topic: Can SSR-4 with DMX be programming with HolidayCoro programmer dongle?  (Read 2100 times)

Offline bakerlights

I just finished putting together the SSR4 with DMX option.  I am new to DLA and have not been able to get a Lynx usb dongle or ether dongle yet, but I do have the Holiday Coro DMX programmer cable tried using it and the Lynx Address utility and the Start Pattern software, but no luck with getting the SSR4 to respond.  Using multimeter to check voltage on outputs shows 11 vac.  I am unsure if SSr4 accepted start address programming.   If anyone can give me some information that would be great.  I am planning on joining the next etherdongle coop when it becomes available. 

The Holiday Coro programmer cable is a usb device that uses the FDTI chip set and drivers, similar to the usb Lynx dongle I believe.

Thank you for any assistance..

Offline hicksjo

Just curious ... Why do you need to program the start address if you don't have a dongle

How will you be sending it DMX data?

Offline bakerlights

From my understanding the Holiday Coro sends out DMX data, I have used it before when testing other DMX devices, hence my question if it will work for testing purposes of the Lync hardware until I get either a usb or ether dongle.  Being new to this site and hardware, I am trying to build and setup as much as I can as early as possible.  Don't want to be at the end of the year and still trying to get things put together.   If it won't work that is fine,  another user as contacted me and offered a usb dongle pcb, so I will be getting that and working on it.

Thank you all for your understanding and help in learning.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
As long as the SSR4 is getting DMX data then it should work fine to be programed. It might take a few tries to get used to the process and for the pic to accept the change in the start channel.

I am assuming that you are following the directions in the wiki manual You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just keep trying and it will work. Good Luck

Rick R.

P.S. the firmware defaults to channel 1. So using software and without changing the channel can you attach lights and see if the SSR4 accepts commands from your setup?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bakerlights

Thank you rrowen for the information.   I was following the procedure listed in the assembly manual and will try agan.   bisquit476 has graciously offered a usb dongle pcb, that I will be getting from him.  I can try to test it on channel 1, don't know if my attempt to program it would have change it from 1 or affected the firmware I would not expect it too.  I have order the picket 3 also, as I will need it for the usb dongle setup and I as have read on the forum may need in the future for firmware updates or debugging....