Author Topic: Wiring Spinner?  (Read 810 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Wiring Spinner?
« on: January 19, 2013, »
I am building my first "Spinner" copied from dpitts and I am wondering what is the best way to wire them? In my picture I have an A or B or feel free to tell me otherwise.
Sorry for the crudeness of the drawing.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Wiring Spinner?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am building my first "Spinner" copied from dpitts and I am wondering what is the best way to wire them? In my picture I have an A or B or feel free to tell me otherwise.
Sorry for the crudeness of the drawing.
I don't think it matters much.  In software you might create each leg/branch as an individual controller... so, 10 controllers of 16 pixels each.  When sequencing you can reorder the controllers as needed to make it easier to copy/paste, staircase, or whatever you choose.  Some parts of the song might find it easier to order the controllers one way, and when working on another effect in the same song, just reorder them visually in the software.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, »
Sorry for what i did to your drawing. I would start on the bottom. I think when you spin and change colors that the color change looks better at bottom. A suggestion I got from RichKid.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, »
Sorry for what i did to your drawing. I would start on the bottom. I think when you spin and change colors that the color change looks better at bottom. A suggestion I got from RichKid.

Sorry for what? I appreciate the info and did not think of that at all. I guess that is why I asked before I soldered!  ;) Great suggestion and that is how I will aproach it!

Thanks,
Roger

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, »
I don't think it matters much.  In software you might create each leg/branch as an individual controller... so, 10 controllers of 16 pixels each.  When sequencing you can reorder the controllers as needed to make it easier to copy/paste, staircase, or whatever you choose.  Some parts of the song might find it easier to order the controllers one way, and when working on another effect in the same song, just reorder them visually in the software.

Thanks Steve I was have brain block today.  <fp.