Author Topic: Got my new EtD  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Harley

Got my new EtD
« on: January 18, 2013, »
Well i got my Ether Dongle and a few lil lights to start testing and learning the sofware  8)
Harley in Louisiana

Yep im a n00b, i can break it and blow it up with the best of em

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Got my new EtD
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, »
Congrats and welcome to the addiction  ;D

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, »
Now the fun truly begins!  <pop..
Jeff Squires

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, »
Where does one get an EtherDongle these days?  I have a couple of Lynx kits from the coop to put together and need to play with the software I choose pretty soon.

Offline Kasey911

Got my new EtD
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, »
Last time I checked, there were still EtherDongle PCBs in the store. If they are all gone, then you may have to wait for the next coop. 
~Kasey~

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, »
Where does one get an EtherDongle these days?  I have a couple of Lynx kits from the coop to put together and need to play with the software I choose pretty soon.

Try here.

Then you will need to order the BOM from Mouser

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, »
I'm also in need of a EthD.  I realize you can buy they PCB in the store, but was hoping for a co-op soon.  Anyone know if that will happen this yr?

Offline arw01

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, »
Also, which one does one want for maximum flexibilities and capabilties?  I came across a DMX one and a Pixelnet one.  Does one need one of each, or does the pixelnet do both for a bit more money?

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, »
Also, which one does one want for maximum flexibilities and capabilties?  I came across a DMX one and a Pixelnet one.  Does one need one of each, or does the pixelnet do both for a bit more money?
I had the same question, see here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, »
There is only one piece of hardware, but different firmware will be available.  Most folks get DMX by using pixelnet and getting the DMX from the active hub which converts one 512 channel section to DMX via the DMX out connection.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, »
I'm also in need of a EthD.  I realize you can buy they PCB in the store, but was hoping for a co-op soon.  Anyone know if that will happen this yr?

That all depends on demand. RJ made a comment in an earlier post that as long as he had so many PCBs in the store that there would not be a coop for a while. Having said that there does seem to be some demand, as seen from RJ's COOP poll, so there may be one around the corner.

There is only one piece of hardware, but different firmware will be available.  Most folks get DMX by using pixelnet and getting the DMX from the active hub which converts one 512 channel section to DMX via the DMX out connection.

Not to be confusing here, but you can actually use 4 512 DMX universes out of a Pixelnet flashed ETD  if you have 4 active hubs and set the jumpers to use the correct universe.