Author Topic: Lynx Express and Renard SS24s  (Read 2115 times)

Offline paulcimn

Lynx Express and Renard SS24s
« on: January 22, 2013, »
I have a Renard SS24 and a LE that I am trying to set up together for next year. I am tryign to get them to work together before I take down the lights but cannot get the Renard to light up.

Physically I have the LE connected to the Dongle and set to begin at channel 25; I have CAT 5 connecting DMX Out to the J2 on the Renard SS24. I originally tried with the a typical CAT 5 cable but someone told me to invert the 1 and 2 with the 4 and 5 pins...

In Vixen, I have the Enttec USB DMX Pro and the Renard (modified) both running on COM 3. When I set the DMX Pro to channels 1-40, and the Renard on 1-24, channels 25-40 function as expected but the Renard channels remain dark. When the DMX Pro is set to 25-40, nothing lights up.

When I purchased the Renard, the seller stated he would install the DMX because I do not have a PIC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks to all. 

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Lynx Express and Renard SS24s
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, »
It looks like it should be 1->4 and 2->5 based on the following diagram:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Harley

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, »
+1 on the 1->4 and 2->5

which is orange/white to blue and orange to blue if your splicing a cat 5, if its a normal cable

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, by Harley »
Harley in Louisiana

Yep im a n00b, i can break it and blow it up with the best of em

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, »
This is the correct picture for DMX to Renard:

If the Renard Pics are flashed to DMX then you don't need to output Renard modified from vixen.

The LE will output all 512 channels on its DMX output so the Renard should get the signal it needs if they are flashed to DMX and the data lines are run correctly.

I made little short adapter cables using the diagram I posted above using a keystone jack, 2" cat5 cable and a cat5 plug. That way I just used an adapter and could run normal cat5 for everything else

Renard SS24 will use up 24 channels and output what is left over.
So I always ran my Lynx Expresses first and then the Renard SS24 after.

The first Pic for Renard DMX should be set for a set for a start channel or if just the default it will be channel 1.

The second and third pics should always be set for channel 1.

If the person just flashed DMX firmware they downloaded it is probably the default of channel 1.

-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline barbotte

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, »
the easy way to see if your channel work instead of going 1 by 1 channel go on top of vixen on the left corner there is a small number there click on it and all channel will be there ...then turn them ALL ON ( you can adjust o 50 % if your scare to blow something ) as sometime if adress on pic is wrong you will chase the problem fore ever ,,,,,
if they dont turn on then ,, its either the cable from the LE to ss24 or the pic has not been program to dmx on the SS
and keep everything to 1 com port and 1 univers then you can move to changing thing ....
cheer