Author Topic: What is the Lynx Express?  (Read 70236 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: What is the Lynx Express?
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2015, »
The wireless cards in the LE (Express) are receive only.  You would need a TX/RX unit set in transmit mode connected to the ETD (Etherdongle) to send the signal to the LE.  There is a jumper on the LE that sets it for wired or wireless operation.  One thing that the LE can do is be the first unit in the wired string of components.  When in wireless mode, the wired input and first wired output are disabled but the second wired output still works and can be used to connect other devices to the wireless system.  Please keep in mind that both the LE and the wireless system is DMX only and the standard output of the ETD is PixelNet  so if you are using an ETD, make sure that you flash it with the optional DMX firmware.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2015, »
What is the difference between a LE 5.0 and a LE 5.1?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline supergumby

« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2015, »

The 5.1 version of the PCB has the attachment holes relocated to align with mounting bosses in the currently available CG-1500 enclosure.

/Don
"When this baby hits eighty eight miles per hour......"

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2015, »
Yes you need the transmitter.  All of my LEs have the wireless option installed.  I run a wire from my active hub to the transmitter and control all the LEs.  I also have a USB dongle and a second transmitter that I can use for testing.  Works great and I have no cables in my yard going to LEs.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA