Author Topic: Lynx Express - Configuration Program  (Read 24149 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Lynx Express - Configuration Program
« on: February 25, 2009, »
Hi Folks,

The attached zip file that RJ wrote needs to be unzipped and then run the Setup.msi program. This will install the configuration software for the Express on your PC.

Once that is done, click on the Settings menu and then click on Update Light List. This will download the light curves from the DLA website.

To use the program:
1 - Set the Com port in the Setting menu
2 - Set the start channel from the drop down list.
3 - Set the four curves to what you want from the drop down list
4 - Assign the 16 channels to one of the four curves from step 2.

5 - Put your Express in prg mode by hitting the mode button and when "PRG" shows up hit the edit button to turn the decimal on the right on. It should day "PRG."  

6 - Now hit the Program button and the express should program and reboot.

The windows program will stay in transmit mode until you click on the stop button. This allows you to walk around your yard and program all of your Expresses if needed.

Rick R.

*Notes*
1 - From my technical advisor - Make sure a dongle is connected to the computer and Express
2 - Here is the link to the video of RJ showing the Express being setup with the Config program You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Re: Lynx Express - Configuration Program
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, »
Rick,

How long is the download suppose to take?

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, »
Rick,

How long is the download suppose to take?

-Paul

On my computer and Fios

A blink of the eye

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, »
I am a little confused.  Is this something that HAS to be done in addition to putting the firmware on the PIC?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, »
RJ a little request for the next upgrade to the config program.  The screen on my netbook is to short to be able to see the start button.   Not being a programmer I'm not going to propose a solution, just define the problem.  I can drag the window up but can only see the very top edge of the button.  I use the netbook when out in the yard and I keep it next to my workbench when upgrading and testing expresses. 
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline batdive

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, »
RJ a little request for the next upgrade to the config program.  The screen on my netbook is to short to be able to see the start button.   Not being a programmer I'm not going to propose a solution, just define the problem.  I can drag the window up but can only see the very top edge of the button.  I use the netbook when out in the yard and I keep it next to my workbench when upgrading and testing expresses. 

Have you tried the maximize button in the upper right corner?  Should maximize the window to your screen resolution and work unless you are using a very low resolution.  If that fixes it you can set it up to auto maximize each time you run it by rt clicking the icon then, depending on which version of windows you use, you should see an area saying "Run" and a drop down that will probably say Normal, change that to maximized and apply.  That will make it run that way from the start.

Hope that helps or gives you something to try.  I run it on a netbook with no issues, but I did modify my netbook to run on 1024x768, which is a more standard resolution.

-JS

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, »

Have you tried the maximize button in the upper right corner? 

My screen is maximized and I can just barely see the top of the letters in the button.  Clicking that works, but a better solution is to get this fixed which is what I suggested.  Not critical, but good to do.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, »
I am having a problem trying to update my light list.  It keeps saying "error downloading from site".

Any suggestions?

Kyle
Excess is Success

Offline Randy_A

• Lockport Lights
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, »
Kylec,

I just tried it and it worked for me.

Randy

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, »
It works here also

Maybe you have a firewall or some program blocking it

Cheers

Rick R.

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, »
I am having a problem trying to update my light list.  It keeps saying "error downloading from site".

Any suggestions?

Kyle

RJ and Bill helped me get it working.  It was a Windows7 issue.  I had to right click on the program icon, and select "run as administrator".

Thanks guys,

Kyle   ;D ;D
Excess is Success

Offline i1uhrace

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, »
I keep getting a message telling me I need to have .Net Framework 2.050727 will it only work with version 2 or will version 4 work?
Carnation Christmas

Offline tbone321

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, »
.NET framworks are independant of each other so if something says that it needs .Net2 then that is what it needs.  .Net 4 is a whole different thing
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, »

My screen is maximized and I can just barely see the top of the letters in the button.  Clicking that works, but a better solution is to get this fixed which is what I suggested.  Not critical, but good to do.

Jim,

Great minds think alike.  I also use a netbook for these sorts of tasks (testing, firmware programming, etc) as I figure having a system that will easily go into the yard is a good thing.  My system has a 1024 x 600 display and RJ's utilites (like the DMX Deck) all hang off the bottom the screen as he seems to have assumed 1024 x 768.  You might even have 800 x 600 but unlikely.  The best thing would be if RJ made them scale to the display size (hard) or pick a least common demoniator default size for the window of 800 x 600 which would work universally.

There may be another worakaround- set you screen resolution to 1024 x 768 and use panning to get around the screen.  You bump your mouse into the bottom of the screen and the picture will pan up so you can get to the bottom.  It gets a bit annoying but may work for you until we have a software solution.

Kirk
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, »
I am a little confused.  Is this something that HAS to be done in addition to putting the firmware on the PIC?

Any answer on this statement??

Mike