Author Topic: Its been a year  (Read 2585 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Its been a year
« on: January 30, 2013, »
I found my first post here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It certainly has been an interesting experience, I enjoy that there is still so much more to learn. When i wrote that post, i had been using Mr Christmas 6 channel controllers for a number of years. This year 12K channels. Thanks to RJ and DLA for helping me get my soldering skills back, for learning the parts that go into making a show.

2013 is going to be fun ...

sean
1 year newbie
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Its been a year
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, »
Thank you for what you do for the community!   <res.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, »
Thank you for what you do for the community!   <res.

RJ

+1

Thanks for making RGB easier for the Vixen users also

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, »
Sean, its incredible to think what you've accomplished in one short year and the impact (not only in this forum) that you've made. 

I imagine the thousands of people that have seen a nutcracker tree and have smiled at the impact.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, »
Sean it is GREAT to have on our site, I have not had the chance to use NC as I do not have any RGB stuff but it has been my pleasure watching your post and would like to say  <res.
Jeff

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, »
+1 on the respect.   

It is hard to believe where this started and where it has gone and where it is going.  I will never forget our discussion at the Academy in the parking lot.  Thank you for allowing me to help.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, »
+1 on the respect.   

It is hard to believe where this started and where it has gone and where it is going.  I will never forget our discussion at the Academy in the parking lot.  Thank you for allowing me to help.

Kurt

Yep, Kurt, it was lucky. It is the last day of academy, i am leaving the parking lot to go to the airport. I had seen you, but never talked to you. We met in the parking lot and talked about 15-30 minutes before i left. Now you have helped make nutcracker so much more than i could have done by myself. I am truly grateful for your time and expertise.

thanks

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, »
And I was pleased to meet both of you at the Academy.  Always nice to know you have met someone whose posts your read.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline caretaker

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, »
Sean you are what make this community great, giving so much of your time and energy to help make life easier for the rest of us. 2012 was an exciting year when you brought Nutcracker to the table can't wait to see what how far it goes in 2013.
Jeff Squires

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, »
Sean, this whole community is so lucky to have you.   You are a visionary and your ideas truly innovative and inspirational.   What you have done in your first year is amazing ... and pulling off a show of your own -- unbelievable.  We thank you for your time and contributions worldwide to this hobby.    You are one of the most interesting and inspirational persons I've ever met.  <res.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

sjb

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, »
Sean as mention, I am also amazed as to what you have accomplished for yourself in one year and also what have have offered the DLA community.

As it was my first year also, there is no way that I could have done what you have accomplished. It is people like yourself that shows others in DLA how proud we are to be part of a group that freely offers up their knowledge like yourself.

Keep up the great work and THANK YOU for who you are and what you have done. Cannot wait to see what you will have accomplished 5 years from now.

Steve

Offline smeighan

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, »
Sean, this whole community is so lucky to have you.   You are a visionary and your ideas truly innovative and inspirational.   What you have done in your first year is amazing ... and pulling off a show of your own -- unbelievable.  We thank you for your time and contributions worldwide to this hobby.    You are one of the most interesting and inspirational persons I've ever met.  <res.

Thanks! I am aware that i might be a little bit OCD.

I became a scuba diver in 1989. Before my first open water class I read the Open water and Advanced books from PADI, NAUI and SSI. I ordered two years of back issues of scuba diving magazine and read every article. I read 6 Marine Biology books. I then went to my first class. That same year I became a dive master.

I was captain of the gymnastic team in High school and jr college. I have had my own dark room and did photography, juggled in the Renaissance Faire, built furniture, created macrame to sell, became an EMT, am fluent in sign language. blah, blah , blah.

Some people are impressed , i am not. I am just handy with my hands.

I am a musician, but i do not think of my self as artistic. I am so impressed with people who understand how to put colors together, how to put creativity into our shows. We all have out own skills to bring together. I love the sense of community in the lighting community.

I have really enjoyed this last year. I am thrilled at the creativity so many other people have.
Lets see where 2013 takes us

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, »
Sean -

Thank you for all you have done for this hobby.  NC is great and I plan on using it more in 2013.  You were extremely productive in 2012!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, »
Thank you Sean for sharing your wonderful talents with those of us that are not so gifted. You have made many displays better and brighter than we had imagined. You have made this addiction even more addicting and less frustrating with NC. I cannot wait to see what you come up with for 2013! You are obviously a very busy as well as talented man and we are grateful to have you here!

I would also like to thank Kurt for his help and development of projects and many other things... like COOP manager!

WELL DONE GUYS!!!! Now..... GET TO WORK!!!! We have a show to build and only 9and1\2 months to do it in!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, »
WELL DONE GUYS!!!! Now..... GET TO WORK!!!! We have a show to build and only 9and1\2 months to do it in!

Don't remind us.  Gah!  We are learning an entirely different architecture and the fun that is windows (on multiple operating systems).  And code::blocks is still giving me fits (but I will be a code::blocks configuration expert at the end of this LOL!)  At least I can compile via command line.  Just a pain and without all the sexy tools that Code::Blocks gives. Fun stuff!

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login