Author Topic: Nutcracker: New command to rebuild gallery on local installs  (Read 6010 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

Much easier process.

Thanks,

Tom

Offline caretaker

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are you sure that isn't enough space?!  Or are you meaning MBs and not GBs?  270GB or 247GB should be plenty.

Kurt

Yep Kurt it was GIGAbytes....  I had about 60 GIGs free on my C: drive and when I checked in the morning I had 8 megs free...  I am not sure which took more the files or the Database... either way it is the best excuse for getting a new 1 TB drive  8)
Jeff Squires

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Are you sure that isn't enough space?!  Or are you meaning MBs and not GBs?  270GB or 247GB should be plenty.

Kurt

Yep Kurt it was GIGAbytes....  I had about 60 GIGs free on my C: drive and when I checked in the morning I had 8 megs free...  I am not sure which took more the files or the Database... either way it is the best excuse for getting a new 1 TB drive  8)

That's a great way to think about it! LOL.

I think that the cycle error (mentioned above) is causing the problem.  The system should NOT take that much space even with the animated GIFs.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline caretaker

Used Sean's 7zip download and followed his instructions and now have a beautiful gallery of animated gif's! and still have 55 gigs free! (Don't tell my wife...)  Thank Sean and Kurt!   <res.
Jeff Squires

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder

Kurt

7000 images should be between 1-2 gbytes. two of teh 7000 effects got in a loop. on my machine one effect created a dat file that was 409gbytes.

Just use the upload i made and use those. I have also removed the bad effect from the database.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MrChristmas2000

It was a great disk tester.  :)

It took a whole lot less time than waiting for my machine to generate all that data.  <pop..

Offline plaberge

• Every good project requires a new tool
    • Laberge Christmas Lights
Much easier process.

Thanks,

Tom

And much faster!

Thanks,

Paul.
- Paul
  North Vancouver, BC