Author Topic: Conductor BOM  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Kasey911

Conductor BOM
« on: February 14, 2013, »
I was just looking at what is left in the store and see that the Conductor PCBs are available.  Is there any chance the BOM in the Wiki will be available before too long?  I'd love to have one of these but am trying to decide if I want to wait for the next coop or not.

Thanks in advance!
~Kasey~

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Conductor BOM
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, »
Yes I was pm by a user on this and am working to get that resolved for him. I am putting more of them and the Etherdongle pcbs into the store almost daily as I get them ready. There will not be a coop for more of them until the ones I have are gone as I have too much money tired up in them to have them sitting around so I do not know how soon a coop for the two will happen.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Kasey911

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, »
Thanks a ton, RJ!  I'll be taking one of them off your hands soon  <res.
~Kasey~

Offline bassmants

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, »
Has the SMD socket soldering been resolved or will the available pcb's in the store still have some loose pins?  I still have a conductor that I think I messed up trying to fix from the last coop.  I saw later that I probably should have just left it alone...oh well.  Moving on, I want to give it another go but don't have the skills to resolder the SMD.  Thanks for making more stuff available in the store!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, »
These are being hand solder by me so there is no issue with pins not soldered. The SMD oven I build and used to do the batch for the coop went from working well to not being able to hit the temp without me knowing it. the controller is not smart enought to know and so it followed the preset timing and never turned the oven off since it never hit temp. So the units where not flowed proper. I am therefore hand soldering what is left to insure they are good.

This is why they sell out and you look back and see a couple more. As I do them I am adding them to the store.

RJ

Offline bassmants

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, »
You are awesome!

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, »
I have picked one the otherday and noticed they say max 1 per person, but then at the bottom it says Max of 2 per person. I only got 1, but really wanted 2. I can wait. I didn't expect to get one soooo soon. Thanks for the hard work.
Have Fun!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, »
I will be changing it soon it was intended to make sure everyone had the chance.
RJ

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, »
That was my thought, let everyone have a chance to get one. Looking at the pcb pictures, I thought part numbers were printed on the pcb. Thanks for the hard work.
Have Fun!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, »
I have changed it but they sold already I will be doing some more over the weekend for the store.
RJ

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, »
Thanks for all the hard work RJ.
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, »
Let me see if I understand correctly. The Conductor needs the EtherDongle to control it.(correct?) Now in the store it says EtherDongle PCB/SMD chips mounted for $43 does that also include the balance of the BOM? The conductor states Conductor/Slave Pcb with SMD Socket Mounted also are the balance of the BOM included?

I am thinking of giving this a try for non Christmas landscape lighting.

Thanks Mike

Offline rm357

Conductor BOM
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, »
No, the rest of the BOM is not included.
Yes, you need an etherdongle to use the conductor. The conductor is a daughter-card that plugs into the etherdongle. Now days I think folks are calling them I/O shields... as "daughter" card may not be considered politically correct???

The conductor has the SMD chips mounted because mounting these is a little advanced for an average DIY person. The same goes for the compact flash socket on the conductor.

The balance of the BOM you will need to order and install yourself.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, by rm357 »
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Kasey911

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Let me see if I understand correctly. The Conductor needs the EtherDongle to control it.(correct?)

Mike,

Just to add a little clarification: The EtherDongle can stand on it's own as an E1.31 interface device.  This means it connects to your network and receives its data from what ever sequencing software you choose to use.  It will then output either PixelNet or DMX (once the DMX firmware is completed). The Conductor is an add-on for the EtherDongle that allows you to run your sequenced shows without needing a computer.  You might think of it as a mini-computer which delivers lighting data and music.  The sequence data is sent to the EtherDongle for output as PixelNet and the music is sent to what ever FM transmitter you wish to connect.

At least, that's my understanding.  I know others with way more knowledge than myself will jump in if I'm off-base :)
~Kasey~

Offline keitha43

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, »
Let me see if I understand correctly. The Conductor needs the EtherDongle to control it.(correct?)

Mike,

Just to add a little clarification: The EtherDongle can stand on it's own as an E1.31 interface device.  This means it connects to your network and receives its data from what ever sequencing software you choose to use.  It will then output either PixelNet or DMX (once the DMX firmware is completed). The Conductor is an add-on for the EtherDongle that allows you to run your sequenced shows without needing a computer.  You might think of it as a mini-computer which delivers lighting data and music.  The sequence data is sent to the EtherDongle for output as PixelNet and the music is sent to what ever FM transmitter you wish to connect.

At least, that's my understanding.  I know others with way more knowledge than myself will jump in if I'm off-base :)
The music is sent to an audio jack so it could be speakers or an fm transmitter (or both if using a splitter).