Author Topic: Conductor experiences  (Read 8854 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Conductor experiences
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was not able to use mine because of the solder issues.  I started to correct myself but did not feel comfortable with it.

If you had issues with the Conductor pcbs soldering on the socket you should have got with me. I redid a number of them for people. If you still have this issue let me know.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, »
I was not able to use mine because of the solder issues.  I started to correct myself but did not feel comfortable with it.

If you had issues with the Conductor pcbs soldering on the socket you should have got with me. I redid a number of them for people. If you still have this issue let me know.

RJ

I did RJ but I know you are incredibly busy getting emails left and right.  Was waiting to try again when you were a little "less" busy  :)
- Mark

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, »
Ok,

1 - I have the sync issue fixed and will be having the users that were having this issue try it out for me.
2 - Fast forward is finished and fully functional. It does both music and lights at varable speed between 1x and 10x normal play while being in complete sync.
3 - replay is working but rewind has be come a problem may not have a rewind feature.
4 - skip is working so you can jump to the next song.
5 - Transmitter issue I believe I have figured out. Some transmitter units create ground loops on the audio connections this is why only some people are seeing it. When you have this and RF coming in it causes issue. I am creating a small add on board with a few parts that will be connected inline with the wires to the audio jack to hopeful fix the issue. I will have a few of you having this test it since I do not have a transmitter that does this. If it fixes it I will add it to future pcbs.

6 - still have to work on the multiple schedules and channel test capabilties.
7 - still have to create the user manual once changes are complete.

RJ
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, by RJ »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, »
Awesome Work  <res.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, »
Awesome good to hear!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, »
It did not work    >:D

I decided to add another song later.  (should have known better right  ;D)  At this point not only did the lights lose sync it started messing with my fm transmitter. 
'Twas unbelievable watching that tiny box run my show with 5k channels for the time it did!

I am glad it inpressed you when it was working for you.

Can you post here a short expliantion of the transmitter issue? The point of this post is to get stuff together in one post for me to work from. Include what kind of transmitter and anything you think was a factor.

RJ

Looks like you fixed it before I got to posting more info!   :o 

Great job.  Thanks RJ. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, »
Awesome RJ! Thanks!

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, »
I had a few issues with the conductor software.  It may have been my PC, but I tried it on another Dell machine and it showed the same.  The save button was cut off my screen and I could not resize the screento see the button.  I had to guess where the button was and click save until I hit it.  Also If I wanted to delete a song or sequence in the schedule that was in the middle of the show, I would have to delete all songs below it.  A good way to highlight and delte and add sequences/songs and replace in the scehdule would be a good addition.
Also when I had a problem like I had a power outage, ( Seemed to have one of those at least once a week ) when I reset the power, the scheduler would not automatically restart the show or pick it up at a certain time until the next day.  I purchased another CF card, and would make a new schedule with the same show and change oput the CF card to get the show to play.
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, »
What screen resolution were you using on the computer?

RJ

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, »

RJ

I have multiple monitors,  the first is my Dell 2410 screen res 1920X1200  and the second is LG TV 1920x1080 landscape.    I also tried it on my 19 inch Dell laptop but don't have it with me to verify the screen res.
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, »

RJ

I have multiple monitors,  the first is my Dell 2410 screen res 1920X1200  and the second is LG TV 1920x1080 landscape.    I also tried it on my 19 inch Dell laptop but don't have it with me to verify the screen res.

Do you have the text at regular (100%) size or larger to make it easier to see the text?

At that res it shouldn't be a problem so it sounds like a setting was change.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, »
It is definitely a screen resolution issue as I have seen that with other programs and changing the screen res fixes the issue.  However, I still think stuff like this should be addressed with programming.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, »
I have multiple monitors,  the first is my Dell 2410 screen res 1920X1200. 

Strange since this is the same screen and resolution I am programming on and I also run dual monitors. You would think it would be at least right on the same setup.

RJ

Offline keitha43

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, »
In the screen resolution screen select make text and other items larger or smaller. Make sure it is set to 100%. My Win 7 HD gaming laptop came defaulted to 115% at 1633 X 768.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, »
Ok anyone with the transmitter issue that wants to try this out. It should fix it according to the people that designed the VS1053 chip.

I have attached a picture. please bring it up so you can see while you read this next information.

imagine the VS10XX square on the picture as the Conductor.

You need to cut the three wires going to your audio jack from the conductor in the middle to give you length to work with and as shown insert a 100 ohm resistor and 10uf capacitor (C1 & C2) on line of both the left and right wires to your jack. They need to be in the order shown so the Capacitor goes closest to the Conductor pcb and the resistor is toward the audio jack. Make sure if they are polarity type capacitors that the + side goes toward the Conductor and the negative side is toward the jack.

Then connect a 10K resistor from them to the ground of the jack and the ground gets hooked to the trigger ground connection on the conductor to get you an easy place to pick up analog ground. If you have trouble following this and the image do not hook this up. if done wrong it can damage you audio board on the conductor.

When you are done there should be nothing attached to the Ground pad on the conductor for the audio out. So where the ground on the jack was before you began should not be connected to anything. We are moving the jack Ground to the analog side ground with the additional circuit to isolate it. I could not test this as my system worked fine as is. So please let me know how you make out with this done.

RJ