Author Topic: Conductor experiences  (Read 8853 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Conductor experiences
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, »
I am almost done with the firmware upgrade for the conductor that adds the ability to create multiple schedules and name them. Then you can change which one your conductor is using from the control panel or android.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline zwiller

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, »
Success!  After some head scratching and finally remembering to use my crossover cable on an older test pc I got it working.  Tested with headphones first, then later with the transmitter.  You will need to bump up the gain as RJ says.  Sounds is not affected. 

FWIW, I think the real problem might be from the cable shipped with the transmitter and the jack from the kit.  They seem like they just don't play well together.  I occasionally could get it to kick off the lan wiggling the jack until I switched cable ends. 

Thanks RJ!  IF there is a some other tests you want conducted let me know. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2013, »
So do you think it helped with the issues? 

I did notice that you and Mickpat are using the same fm transmitter and having the same issue. I think one other told me they were having this issue and were using the same one.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, »
No doubt it helped.  I just put my whole 2012 show files on it that were giving me issues and it running fine a 2nd time.  (gimme a minute and put all my lights back up ;D)  For purely academic and scientific purposes ::) I connected my northstar.  To my surprise I saw it shimmer for the first time since LSP scheduler outputted shimmer as sparkle!!!  8)  I will be using it more now...

I agree there is definitely a correlation here.  Especially with my show running fine for a week then failing, another member talked about moving the transmitter made it not work, etc.  If there was feedback or whatever with the transmitter, can it measured or tested?  It would be nice to remove the uncertainty behind this but it does seem that issue is resolved. 

Thanks for taking the time fix this!!!   <res.

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2013, »
One thing you guys with that transmitter can try is this, Since it is a very powerful transmitter (as in  <yk.. not legal!) it has a power setting for a lower level that is still higher than the ramsey I use as I remember. Try the lower power setting. It may have a strong but slightly dirty output that is inducing RF into the conductor. the circuit is to prevent the ground loop that some transmitters will create. the guys that make the VS1053 chip have run into that alot and knew what I was talking about when I explained it. they say when you have a ground loop it will make the audio unit stop random, skip, play fast, ect.

RJ

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2013, »
Mine is actually turned down all the way.  I know it was the transmitter but the only thing I did in my case was move the audio cable (just moved it away from the power cords).  The conductor and transmitter didn't move (they actually were inches apart still).  I'm sure this will fix it for my case.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login