Hardware > Lynx MR16 / 16 CH DC Controller

MR16 and the Mighty Mini RGBW floods.

(1/2) > >>

animal:
Ok,so I'm trying to replace all my Renard controllers this year and I'm looking at my mighty mini floods. I have them set up with constant current and over the past 3 years have worked with no issues. So I'm trying to make sure I've got a hold on this. I'm going to replace my Renard lv 24 with 2 mr16. This will give me 32 channels. Enough to add2more mighty minis. ( the power supply is big enough ). Now due to the fact my floods are set up with constant current already. I need to eliminate the mosfets and jumper it accordingly. Also will using 24v to power these floods be a issue with the mr16. I believe it won't be. Just trying to think ahead.

Thanks for any input
                                   animal

Ron:
Running them at 24v is not an issue. I ran a couple of my Mighty Minis like that last year from an MR16. My Mighty Minis are also setup with the LM317s for constant current. I had a previously built MR16 with the mosfets so I just used that. I believe if you build it without the mosfets it is good to 100ma per channel, but check the wiki to be sure.

animal:
Thanks Ron, Do you think I'll still need the block resistor to the controller.

animal

Ron:
Which resistor are you referring too?  I'm not exactly sure what your complete setup including the Mighty Minis look like.

rm357:
Without the mosfets you are really limited on the current and you need the alternate firmware. The mosfets invert the output.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version