Author Topic: wireless express  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Nonamefril

• No really,I have no idea what Im doing
wireless express
« on: February 26, 2013, »
I got a spare wireless card to install on one of my Lynx Express but there aren't and header connections like what is on my other Lynx Express.I bought both of these from members here and I guess some don't install them to cut down on costs.I looked on the Wiki and on Mouser but I dunno what 4 prong headers to get to solder on the Lynx Express board...anyone help me with a part number?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: wireless express
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, »
I believe that you need these.

Qantity 2 of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Qantity 2 of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The only thing is I think that the picture for the second is incorrect. It should be single pin per terminal, but Rick is the expert in this area not me.

Offline deplanche

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, »
The typical Lynx Express coop, and even the BOM for them on the wiki, doesn't include the headers for wireless since they are not needed for it's operation.  Instead, the parts are included in the wireless EX/RX BOM on the wiki, which match what rdebolt posted. 

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, »
Because it is so easy to move the Wireless from one LE to another, I ordered enough of those headers to put on all my boards that have the holes (not the MR-16, sadly :( For it, I'll use the standalone TX/RX) 

With wireless now added to my Bobcat DMX tester, it is even more useful in the yard.

Offline Nonamefril

• No really,I have no idea what Im doing
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, »
K this helps...I got the wireless receivers already built so they have the 4 pin hook ups.I just have to add them too all my boards,so I can basically have all my Lynx Available for wireless.

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, »
IMHO the headers should be included in the express kits.  It's easier to put them on during initial assembly.  If you use them great, if not it doesn't add that much cost to the kits.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rm357

wireless express
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, »
There is a wiring diagram on the wiki that shows how to wire up the ex/RX to use with other controllers by replacing the '485 chip with a chip header.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This will work for the mr16. Some of us had issues when we tried to use this with an ssr4 as the v1 ssr4 transformer was not big enough to power both the DMX option and the receiver... Some folks got it working by removing the LEDs from the ex/RX.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA