Author Topic: Nutcracker 3.0 Released  (Read 2094 times)

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
Re: Nutcracker 3.0 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, »
Just wanted to thank you and Matt for adding Nutcracker to xlights.  I had used it successfully to add megatree effects to 6 of my unfinished sequences in December and now that you have fixed the picture and snowstorm effects it will be that much better.  Although I have been using the Nutcracker effects since, pretty much, the beginning I have found the xlights interface much easier and much faster.  Thanks again to both of you for a job well done. I think I might have raved about it when Matt first added your effects generation to his program, but it bears repeating over ... and over ... and over ...and over ... and over Thanks
Luceat lux vestra

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Nutcracker 3.0 Released
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just wanted to thank you and Matt for adding Nutcracker to xlights.  I had used it successfully to add megatree effects to 6 of my unfinished sequences in December and now that you have fixed the picture and snowstorm effects it will be that much better.  Although I have been using the Nutcracker effects since, pretty much, the beginning I have found the xlights interface much easier and much faster.  Thanks again to both of you for a job well done. I think I might have raved about it when Matt first added your effects generation to his program, but it bears repeating over ... and over ... and over ...and over ... and over Thanks

Matt fixed pictures and snowstorm in January. I still am blown away with what Matt did.

All of xlights today is 20K lines of code. About 3500 lines of that is for Nutcracker. In those lines he implemented the real time display of the effects. Nutcracker 2.0 today is  about 35K lines of code. It has database calls, gallery, projects, single strand segments that are not yet in Nutcracker 3. Having said that, for each effect Matt ported , he made it faster and he used 2-3 times less lines of code.

We are lucky he was willing to do the Nutcracker port.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login