Author Topic: Panther Sequence Converter  (Read 1085 times)

Offline TexasStingray

Panther Sequence Converter
« on: February 27, 2013, »
Post comments on the converter here.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, by TexasStingray »
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wjgiles50

Re: Panther Sequence Converter
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, »
Since no one else has posted here yet I will put in my 2 cents. 

At this time I did not intend to use this device to run the main show.  If I had, the 100ms limitation would have been a serious issue since I think everything I have already sequenced is at 50ms.  Knowing that in the future I might want to run any sequence from the Panther device I will always use 100ms. I do not think that there is any problem with that increment as far a being to slow for any effect.  I do not know if there is a way to change a sequence in Vixen that already exists.   If there is an expert out that can tell us how I hope they will speak up.

Bill

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, »
You can in vixen, under file, there is something there not sure what it is off the top of my head. It will show you what it is and you can change it.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline Ron

Panther Sequence Converter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, »
You can definitely convert the sequence from 50ms to 100ms. I have vixen set to 50ms by default so my first test sequence I created was at 50ms and I had to change it. It works great.

I will say that I can tell the difference between a 50ms fade and a 100ms fade. I think it is mostly related to LED dimming curves but I notice a bit of choppiness at 100ms. Probably nobody except other light geeks will notice but I do. I don't think it is an issue though. The simplicity of the Panther build and the cost make it acceptable.

Offline Ron

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, »
You can definitely convert the sequence from 50ms to 100ms. I have vixen set to 50ms by default so my first test sequence I created was at 50ms and I had to change it. It works great.

I will say that I can tell the difference between a 50ms fade and a 100ms fade. I think it is mostly related to LED dimming curves but I notice a bit of choppiness at 100ms. Probably nobody except other light geeks will notice but I do. I don't think it is an issue though. The simplicity of the Panther build and the cost make it acceptable.

OK, I hooked up my Aether 2s tonight and the dimming was much smoother. I attribute this to the nice dimming curves in the Aether 2 that are not present in my MR16/Mighty Mini combo.  They definitely looked better tonight and I saw no issue with the 100ms timing.

Just to update.