Hardware > Panther DMX Player

Planned/Considering Enhancements

(1/4) > >>

TexasStingray:
Planned Enhancements:

A:   Create a control file ("CONTROL.TXT"). Changing it to a CSV file to be easy to edit with any text editor. It will allow you to:

1. specify the number of times to run the show, from infinite to 255 times 0 (infinite) to 4294967295. DONE
      2. specify the delay between the start of the next show in milliseconds with a maximum if 260,100 minutes = 4335 hours or 180.625 days from 0 to 4294967295 ms = 4294967.295 seconds = 71582.78825 minutes. DONE
      3. specify the delay between sequences in milliseconds from 0 to 65,025 = 1083.75 minutes = 180.0625 hours 4294967295 ms = 4294967.295 seconds = 71582.78825 minutes. DONE
      4. specify a time in milliseconds to wait before starting the show after a reset/power up from 0 to 4294967295 ms = 4294967.295 seconds = 71582.78825 minutes = 1193.04647083333 hours. DONE
      5. adding reserved word for "--STOP--" to show file to stop playing when reached in the show file. DONE

B. Convert Red Power LED to be use for additional meanings like, show stopped.

Considering Enhancement:

A:   Adding a stop/restart button: not sure why you could not just unplug it and accomplish the same thing.

wjgiles50:

""B:   Adding a stop/restart button: not sure why you could not just unplug it and accomplish the same thing.""

Can't this be done now by triggering a reset?  This would, when coupled with a "STOP" directive in the show file, allow you to have a public pushbutton to trigger the sequence.

sabie:
while making changes the case would be good with a plexaglass window for leds
i did this to somewireless cases by drilling a 1/4" hole in case and silicone plexiglass behind the hole
helps with waterproofing the unit for installing outdoors

TexasStingray:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

""B:   Adding a stop/restart button: not sure why you could not just unplug it and accomplish the same thing.""

Can't this be done now by triggering a reset?  This would, when coupled with a "STOP" directive in the show file, allow you to have a public pushbutton to trigger the sequence.

--- End quote ---

So if we put a STOP as the last thing is the show file after the show it would stop. then when someone press reset it would start back up and run until the STOP.

So all I would have to do is the STOP part in the program for the reserve word.

wjgiles50:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

--- End quote ---

So if we put a STOP as the last thing is the show file after the show it would stop. then when someone press reset it would start back up and run until the STOP.

So all I would have to do is the STOP part in the program for the reserve word.

--- End quote ---

That seems to work for me.  I could even see using a track in the sequence to drive a lockout so once the button was pressed it could not be pressed again until the sequence finished.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version