Author Topic: Planned/Considering Enhancements  (Read 3160 times)

Offline TexasStingray

Planned/Considering Enhancements
« on: February 28, 2013, »
Planned Enhancements:

A:   Create a control file ("CONTROL.TXT"). Changing it to a CSV file to be easy to edit with any text editor. It will allow you to:

1. specify the number of times to run the show, from infinite to 255 times 0 (infinite) to 4294967295. DONE
      2. specify the delay between the start of the next show in milliseconds with a maximum if 260,100 minutes = 4335 hours or 180.625 days from 0 to 4294967295 ms = 4294967.295 seconds = 71582.78825 minutes. DONE
      3. specify the delay between sequences in milliseconds from 0 to 65,025 = 1083.75 minutes = 180.0625 hours 4294967295 ms = 4294967.295 seconds = 71582.78825 minutes. DONE
      4. specify a time in milliseconds to wait before starting the show after a reset/power up from 0 to 4294967295 ms = 4294967.295 seconds = 71582.78825 minutes = 1193.04647083333 hours. DONE
      5. adding reserved word for "--STOP--" to show file to stop playing when reached in the show file. DONE

B. Convert Red Power LED to be use for additional meanings like, show stopped.

Considering Enhancement:

A:   Adding a stop/restart button: not sure why you could not just unplug it and accomplish the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, by TexasStingray »
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wjgiles50

Re: Planned/Considering Enhancements
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, »

""B:   Adding a stop/restart button: not sure why you could not just unplug it and accomplish the same thing.""

Can't this be done now by triggering a reset?  This would, when coupled with a "STOP" directive in the show file, allow you to have a public pushbutton to trigger the sequence.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, by wjgiles50 »

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, »
while making changes the case would be good with a plexaglass window for leds
i did this to somewireless cases by drilling a 1/4" hole in case and silicone plexiglass behind the hole
helps with waterproofing the unit for installing outdoors

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, »

""B:   Adding a stop/restart button: not sure why you could not just unplug it and accomplish the same thing.""

Can't this be done now by triggering a reset?  This would, when coupled with a "STOP" directive in the show file, allow you to have a public pushbutton to trigger the sequence.

So if we put a STOP as the last thing is the show file after the show it would stop. then when someone press reset it would start back up and run until the STOP.

So all I would have to do is the STOP part in the program for the reserve word.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline wjgiles50

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, »

So if we put a STOP as the last thing is the show file after the show it would stop. then when someone press reset it would start back up and run until the STOP.

So all I would have to do is the STOP part in the program for the reserve word.

That seems to work for me.  I could even see using a track in the sequence to drive a lockout so once the button was pressed it could not be pressed again until the sequence finished.   

Offline LtKadeo

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, »
Just a thought - what if you could load a SD card with say 5 sequences then have 5 trigger inputs to the ATMEGA chip to run the seq - something like this
if trigger 1 true then run seq file 1
if trigger 2 true then run seq file 2
so on so on
May have to address priority for multiple triggers on but this way someone could set up say a sequence for 5 events and just flip a switch to activate.

Ted K

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, »
Just a thought - what if you could load a SD card with say 5 sequences then have 5 trigger inputs to the ATMEGA chip to run the seq - something like this
so on so on
May have to address priority for multiple triggers on but this way someone could set up say a sequence for 5 events and just flip a switch to activate.

Ted K

Sounds like the making of my next project a Panther DMX Server that will communicate with the Player and provide web access via a browser.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline Ron

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, »
so on so on

Ted K

Sounds like the making of my next project a Panther DMX Server that will communicate with the Player and provide web access via a browser.

Funny, I'd been thinking that as well.  I was actually thinking along raspberry pi lines, but whatever you can come up with.

Offline LtKadeo

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, »
In order to do any of this would need to modify code on the ATMEGA chip and am not sure Scott Wanner is willing to give up his hard work. Personally I would like to have a chance to program a AT chip from scratch and just see if I can get it to work and how the code works. That's just for my education I was planning on trying to use something similar to this for halloween where I could have multiple events happen when someone went by a section of yard. That project is still kind of low on my list as I have several things going on right now and may not have time to get ready for this year....
Scott any chance of putting your sketchs out for someone to look at ? If not you should be proud of the fact that the Panther works just as you said and I do not see any problems with the one that I have... Vary good job and thanks for all your effort.
Ted K

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, »
I'm sorry but providing the code is not something that I am currently willing to do.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline LtKadeo

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, »
Understandable about not sending out the code - as I stated it was more just for my education then trying to under cut any work that you have done on this - Hope you stay open to some ? if I ever get around to making some of my Halloween ideas.
Ted K

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, »
Updated Enhancements
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline wjgiles50

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, »
In the enhancements you are "considering" I think you can already accomplish this by using the reset that is already on the board.  Using the Stop command at the end of the sequences a press of the reset should start the sequences over.

Offline Ron

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, »
I don't think there is a button currently. Not that I can remember. I'm not at home to look at my board.

Offline wjgiles50

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, »
I don't think there is a button currently. Not that I can remember. I'm not at home to look at my board.

Sorry I am referring to the "reset" that is provided on the board.  Simply shorting this will cause the device to "reboot" and start over.