Author Topic: Ather 2 Not Going into rpogram mode and thoughts.  (Read 1366 times)

Offline FlashG

I have built 4 Aether 2's but the fourth on is giving me fits.  I load the test program and get all the changing sequence of lights.  However,  when I reprogram with the real program file, I cannot get it to go into program mode with the red flashing lights. On power up get the white flash then nothing.

A suggestion for the Aether test hex program to have it double flash when the program switch is set to program and single flash run setting.  That way, we can also test out the program switch.

All is good now.... It started working while I was writing this.  I plugged in a Bobcat with pulsing on and it started pulsing.  When I removed the Bobcat, the Aether was still pulsing red, so I hooked up the channel program utility and it programmed to the correct starting channel. It took and all is fine.  Really strange.

The Aether 2 test hex was invaluable in my builds.  I had a couple where a certain channel would stay lit.  It turned out to be a bad solder joint either to the color driver IC's pin 3 (if looking from top) or the resistor or capacitor hooked to the color driver IC. Thanks for writing the test hex.

I now have 4 Aethers and can not wait for Xmas time.  Going to surprise my neighbors with these neat toys.  Thanks RJ for keeping Xmas Fun.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Ather 2 Not Going into rpogram mode and thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, »
Thats Awesome!

I will keep that in mind. Next time I am in the code of the Aether I will do that.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying