Author Topic: GRIMLINS  (Read 2012 times)

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
GRIMLINS
« on: March 03, 2013, »
This is  a place to list grimlins we find
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
Re: GRIMLINS
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, »
i noticed that my panther does strange stuff on startup

here is setup powerstrip provides power to le and panther  2 ft ethernet between le and panther using ed walwart to power panther (8.97 volt dc under load)

this is what i have done so far
if i cycle power to le and panther at same time
thE panther appears to startup fine & le does not run program but data light is flashing on le (tried this with 2 differant  v5 le's from last years show)

if i startup le first and it completes diagnositics the plug in panter it picks up and runs program
if i restart le while panther is running then it runs fine

this was tested using the seq files that scott provided

now the grimlin it does not do this consistentaly sometimes it will start right up with power cycle
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, by sabie »

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, »
Do me a favor and test this. have the Panther and 1 LE plugged into the same strip. Have another LE plugged into the wall outlet. Have the DMX Out from the one on the strip connected to the plugged into the wall outlet. Then test. I want to know if the one that does not get powered off will start working when the panther starts up.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, »
the second le (the one that stays powered up) starts up as soon as the panther recieves power

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, »
Not sure what is going on with this issue. I will add another variable to the control file for a startup delay in seconds. maybe that will help.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline Ron

GRIMLINS
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, »
I believe I saw a similar issue with the MR16 when I was testing it. If I had it on the same power strip and used the power strip to start power to both at the same time occasionally the MR16 would show activity on the DMX LED but I would get no output. If I powered off the MR16 and powered it back on it worked great.

I think I only had this happen once. Which I had chalked up as a glitch until I read your description.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, »
I believe I saw a similar issue with the MR16 when I was testing it. If I had it on the same power strip and used the power strip to start power to both at the same time occasionally the MR16 would show activity on the DMX LED but I would get no output. If I powered off the MR16 and powered it back on it worked great.

I think I only had this happen once. Which I had chalked up as a glitch until I read your description.

Had similar issue with a Lynx Express. Powered up both at the same time and got the Data light flicker but no ouptut on the 16 Green indicators. Reset the the LE and all is well.

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, »

Had similar issue with a Lynx Express. Powered up both at the same time and got the Data light flicker but no ouptut on the 16 Green indicators. Reset the the LE and all is well.

I think you are the only one with B2 firmware, Try using the startupDelay in the control file. see if that helps try with like 5000 for 5 seconds.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, »
SHOW.TXT file seems touchy about a CR/LFs

If you edit the list and remove the CR/LF after the last SEQ file, it stops playing after that file

but, if you have extra CR/LFs after the last SEQ file, it does very long pauses between each blank line, then stops playing.

I am using the B2 firmware.

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, »
SHOW.TXT file seems touchy about a CR/LFs

If you edit the list and remove the CR/LF after the last SEQ file, it stops playing after that file

but, if you have extra CR/LFs after the last SEQ file, it does very long pauses between each blank line, then stops playing.

I am using the B2 firmware.

Currently the CRLF is required after the last Sequence in the show file it's just how it is. I would be open to changing it to a comma delimited file but thought that because you could have a lot of sequences in the file and having the CRLF would make it more readable. I'd like to get everyone input on that?

to really check the delay between the last sequence and the first you must put all lights on, say for the last 1 second of the sequence except for the last 100ms and make it off. Then on the first sequence you must put all light on starting at the first 100ms. this should give you a better indication of the delay between the last show and the repeat of the first. be sure that the repeat delay value in the control file to 0,i don't think you need to set the sequence delay to 0 for the test, but you might try it both ways. I thought it skips over the sequence delay on a repeat of the show..
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos