Author Topic: BE HONEST!  (Read 2801 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
BE HONEST!
« on: March 08, 2013, »
when your selling something in the forum, BE HONEST! I purchased 3 LE kits last summer and never used them. i recently sold them to someone else and they have emailed me saying they were incomplete. i never opened the kits so the person that sold them to me was not upfront about the missing parts.  ultimatley it's my fault i guess for not completley checking the kits before i sold them, but i shouldn't have to.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline zwiller

Re: BE HONEST!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, »
Maybe I am the only one who thinks this way, but I expect a margin of error from kits from a coop, but am happily surprised I never had anything missing.  (I think the coop managers are actually not human but droids...)   ;D 

I am sure the coop manager would resolve a few parts, but if there is a large discrepancy, I call BS. 

While I am still on the soapbox  ;D, in the past when selling items to noobs I find many are overly aggressive with crazy low balls offers and other similar grief, so I typically sell items to trusted/high post count members who "get it".     
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline kselswick

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, »
Dont be too hard on the noobs, We need stuff too :'(

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, »
I Like Noob's!   <res.

I think he original got the kits form someone else not the coop. I agree if a kit is not complete when you post it make sure you say as everyone not just noob's will expect that it is. Id the missing parts something I would have in my spare parts I could send?

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline DonFL

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, »
I'll jump in here, since I was the buyer in this instance, and as I told Duane in a PM, I'd recommend him as a seller to anyone that asks. I feel very confident he didn't know there were some piece parts missing from 3 of the 4 kits (we're talking 2 pin headers, nothing major), and if you look at his original post selling these, he was very upfront about what he understood to be missing. Could be several different reasons why the headers were missing, from an innocent mistake, to rumor of there being a run on 2 pin headers on the black market and someone thinking they'll make a quick buck..  ;D ;D

I had the kits in a couple days, the transaction was solid, as mentioned, I'd buy from Duane again in a heartbeat.

I need to place an order from Mouser very soon, so will just add those to the list, but I do appreciate RJ's kind offer.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, »
+1 for being a noob, and +1 for the honesty and respect that each other has here. Once again - i'm really glad to be part of this community....and I'm really looking forward to October when I start putting up and testing the display outside.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, »
I am currently running the Express COOP.  If you need 2 pin headers, let me know how many.  I usually order +10 on all the small parts (including these headers) and may have extras.  These are so small, I can get away with letter postage to get them to you.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Segull

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, »
I believe that mistakes can happen. I have had transactions with members that have always been fantastic!! Recently even had one were three of us were involved but the seller bent over backwards to correct the issue.  <res. We just pm back and forth until we figured that parts had gotten mistakenly mixed. Seller worked with us and all resolved.  :)

And I think that was really amiable of RJ to make that offer.

So mistakes can happen.  just my .02   :)

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, »
Looks to me I had a particular bad experience with selling to new members (PC  ;D)  Not really sure what to call the type of member or if it even matters, but I assume they did not read a thing, didn't care how they conducted themselves, and just wanted to buy stuff.  I jumped to conclusions and thought Duane (OP) was getting taken advantage of by one of the above kind...   <fp.   Happy to read that is not the case!!! 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, »
I have to say that I've participated in many COOPS and to this day I don't think I've ever had anything missing ... I'm so impressed with all of them.   I've ordered parts myself but found the organization added by COOP managers to make the kits far easier.  I've opened up bags (and after doing a few of these kits) ... and finally understand the genius behind why they bagged them a certain why.  But bottom line, good post, but the big picture is that these coops are amazing and we can never thank those who run them enough!!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, »
^^^^^Ditto^^^^^

Offline deplanche

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have to say that I've participated in many COOPS and to this day I don't think I've ever had anything missing ... I'm so impressed with all of them.   I've ordered parts myself but found the organization added by COOP managers to make the kits far easier.  I've opened up bags (and after doing a few of these kits) ... and finally understand the genius behind why they bagged them a certain why.  But bottom line, good post, but the big picture is that these coops are amazing and we can never thank those who run them enough!!

I've also been in many coops.  Most have the exact number of parts listed in the BOM. 

Sometimes I even get a few extra parts... usually resistors.  Usually makes me have to go back and recheck to make sure I installed the correct number of them.  If it is a more expensive or unusual part, I'll contact the coop manager to let them know and see if they need that sent back to them because someone else is missing it.

Other times I have been missing a few parts.  The coop managers have always been able to get that to me right away once I let them know it is missing.  Most of the time, it's the "I had one extra, and didn't know where it belonged, and guess you were the unlucky one" senario. 

Have to say the service in the coops are as good as I would get from any store, buying something prepacakged.  Sometimes you have a few too many screws, sometimes not enough, and sometimes you just have a screw loose.  >.d9

Thanks to all the coop managers for all they do!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, »
Sometimes the pars that you think are missing are just in another bag. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, »
Out of around 40 LE kits from RJ and his dad over the years I think I ended up with -1  LED and a couple extra screws.  I don't think you can get more perfect than that.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, »
thanks don

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights