Author Topic: Taking a sabbatical  (Read 1009 times)

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Taking a sabbatical
« on: March 09, 2013, »
Work has been overwhelming lately and I have not been able to even browse through DIYLA for the last month or so. Unfortunately, I anticipate work to keep me unduly busy for a while. Therefore, I think I need to take a sabbatical from xLights during this period.

Sean and I have been good friends for about a year now and we have had many discussions on how to move Nutcracker and xLights forward. Therefore, I entrust him as guardian of the xLights code going forward. I support any effort he deems necessary to support our hobby through this effort. I hope you will give him your full support too, and all of the credit he is due for his hard work.

I wish you ALL the best of luck with your displays this year. Hopefully, I will have more time to contribute later in the year.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Taking a sabbatical
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, »
Man I understand how that can be. I had to take some time this year to get my other part of life caught up. I hope it all goes well and we will miss you. Xlights is and has been awesome, as I know many people would not have had shows for the last two years without it in some cases.

Look forward to what you two have for everyone in the future!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying