Author Topic: Issues with finished express  (Read 6090 times)

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity
Issues with finished express
« on: March 09, 2013, »
Hello

I have issues with 2 Lynx express controllers I purchased 1 was almost built and I built the other, The 1 built from start to end. The first issue one shows the dmx led light even though there is no dmx connected to it. The other one starts up fine but when I try to change the mode nothing happens I have looked at all the solder joints under a lighted magnifier and see nothing wrong and all the chips are set in place with no issues.

Thanks
Richard

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: Issues with finished express
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, »
By chance are the pics programmed yet? Alot of people get excited and forget they
till have to program the pic.  :)

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, »
I do not know they do every thing the ones do in the video I watched to put them together that said the pics where pre programmed.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, »
The one with the dmx light do you mean the Data led ? If so ignore it for the moment as some of the RS485 do this. You can swap the two rs485 chips on the express and see if it goes away.

The second one, does the lynx express stuff scroll on power up and if it does does it move real slow? If it scrolls slow reflash your pic it is a bad load of firmware. If the mode button does nothing then it could be install backwards we have had people do this before. There is a little pin and a little hole on the pcb to line up but it is possible to assemble backwards.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, »
I would reflash the pic. Every LE I have received from a coop or bought from another member has had issues. Once I reflashed the pic they all work great.

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, »

Yes it is the data led I swapped the rs485 chips and it is still on, today i am going to test it with a DMX signal to see if it works properly. The other one powers up and scrolls fine, I checked the switch and it is installed properly so I am going to try and flash the pic and see if that helps if not I am thinking it could just be a bad switch.

Richard

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, »
Okay I flashed the Pic now I can get the mode switch to cycle to the test mode, when I run the test the leds will start flickering to the point they go almost out, and the other board still has the DMX led on but I have not gotten to the point of putting a signal to check it, like I said I purchased these from some one and all your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Richard   

Offline rm357

Issues with finished express
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, »
Not all led strings are created equal. Some don't like to be dimmed. Many are half wave - I can see them flicker even when plugged strait into the wall outlet.

Many of us check the sight regularly just to see if there is someone we can help. It's our way of giving back to the community.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, »
Not a string of leds but the green leds on the board when I run the test cycle, but thanks.

Richard

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, »
Hello

would any one be willing to let me ship these two express's to them to check out what the issue is with them I would gladly pay you for your time if need be. I tried testing with DMX and I can get the Data link light to come on very weak on one and the other is on all the time. I have both boards at this time cycle fine at start up I can set the start channel with out any issues. Thank you to all who have replied so far

Thanks
Richard

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, »
Richard, can you post some good detailed pictures here! Of both sides if each express.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, »
will post pictures tomorrow

thanks
Richard

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, »
Hello

Here are three pictures of the first board if they are not clear enough I will try with another camera I figured we would start with one board and then move to the next one

Thanks
Richard

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, »
I cannot tell anything from those photos, the quality is not very good. s
Sorry.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, »
I agree with TexasStingray. Can you by chance take some higher resolution pictures? You do have the angles that we need.