Author Topic: Issues with finished express  (Read 6089 times)

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity
Re: Issues with finished express
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, »
After I looked at them i thought that might be the case I will use a better camera tomorrow

Richard

Offline caretaker

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, »
Richard just so things are clearer:

When you enter the test mode (TST on the display) the following should happen, the 16 channel LED's should turn on one at a time from 1 to 16 then LED's 2 and 4 should stay on. If this is not happening then there is a problem.

Also quoting from the WIKI: "Before using test mode, and after all components are installed you should update the firmware using the instructions available below in "Flashing or Re-flashing the Express Pic". If you fail to do so, the existing firmware may produce inconsistent results noticible by LEDs that fail to light or show as half-intensity."

Hang in there, you will get this working and we will be here to help. Just make sure to ask DETAILED questions (IE: "the green channel LED's" instead of "LED's").
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, »
Caretaker

All that you posted happens. I had re flashed the pics the first time some one mentioned it just to make sure as far as the green channel leds going half way out and flickering I think I have that issue solved as it has not done it since I posted that, I went back and made sure all the chips where seated properly. I hope the pics I just posted will be better for all to see. As a first timer at this I find That the help from all is just amazing and I hope I can repay the favor some day.

Thanks
Richard

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, »
This is board 1

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, »
This is board 2

sjb

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, »
Ok, now that you have reflashed the PICs, what exactly are you seeing with each board?

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, »
AT this time I can run the test mode and it all looks good,  when I use the mode button to get to the test mode and run the test, I then have to hit the reset button as the mode button will not work from that point, then I use the mode button to get to the channel set section to set the channel.The DMX data light is now showing on both boards with no DMX hooked up to them. Today I hooked up a dmx signal and nothing I could not get the channel leds to come on at all I was able to check and make sure I had a signal with my mulimeter and I did and that was with them daisy chained together.

Richard

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, »

Never mind about the Data lights just fixed that issue, or should I say the wife found the Issue LOL

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, »
ALL STOP all the hard work you have been doing all is appreciated but my wife came in and made me feel like an idiot the RS-485 chip by the DMX in port was in backwards on both boards just tested with the LYNX dongle I built and all works fine. I wish she could have found it before I pulled the rest of my hair out. any time you are in north east ohio the drinks are on me lol

Thanks
Richard

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, »
Yeah, I was going to post and say that but your last post bet me.

Glad it was an easy fix.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline urthegman

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, »
Sounds like the WIFE deserves a couple of drinks on you!!!  <res.

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, »
Glad you got it working without having to ship it out. Please have you wife check DLA regularly and help those in need with other issues. LOL.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rich Renn

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, »
I will have her do that, it was the very fist time she looked at them I gave her a hug and said thank you to her but I need the drink as she will never let me live that one down. you guys are great and thanks again

Richard

Offline DonFL

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, »
We've all been there. Agonize over a non-functional board for hours/days, and then a friend looks at it and says "did you really mean to put that chip in backwards?..."

Of course, the only difference is, with your wife finding it, you'll not forget that error for, oh, well, a year or two at least.... ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, by DonFL »

sjb

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, »
Glad to hear that all is working. Big thanks to your wife, but as you mentioned she will remind you of it. Now to start sequence the show and get her opinion of it before you go live(LOL)

Steve (from Edmonton)