Author Topic: New SSC  (Read 49242 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: New SSC
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2013, »
Ok Thanks for catching this,
 I am deep into programming on something else so it will be a few days before I can look at this. But I will fix it and repost updated firmware as soon as I can.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2013, »
No worries you're doing awesome, Ill keep testing.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2013, »
Did some testing and concur forward grouping, null, 3 channel string, hyBIRD ;D works great.  Typical 1 group backward is ok as is backward hybrid.  That said, I agree backward is off with nulls and groups. 

Backward grouping, no nulls, start channel programmed as channel 1, direction is right but:
100ct nodes, 5 group: lighted start channel is 241, end channel is 300 (s/b 1-59 right)
100ct nodes, 10 group: start is 271, end is 300 (s/b 1-29)
100ct nodes, 20 group: start is 286, end is again 300 (s/b 1-14)

Backward nulls with no grouping do not work at all but display same starting pattern as above (end at 300).  They light but no nulls at all.  Anyway got crazy and tried several backward groups with null nodes and this causes a hanging process that must be killed with task mgr.  Maybe they are not to be used simult but figured I try. 

Grouping is actually pretty cool btw.

I made it a point to test fades and intensity changes occasionally with each test and happy to report no flicker and the lower intensity responds well and incan like.  I love it.  Looking to go side by side with V3s and some LSP stuff. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2013, »
Great! I having all this helps me when I sit down to fix it.

RJ

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
New SSC
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2013, »
This year I added 8 ss flex strip arches.   To cut down on programming I did did 8 groups of 15 nodes each and they were great and very easy to program.   One cool discovery was using a twinkle effect on the arches as it turned each group a different color ... Which was very cool, but also very simple.   I only used forward grouping.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2013, »
Wanted to report I had a bad first module with my 4 led square module string and after removed the rest of the string performs excellent with V4.  Tried ramps/fades and other things to try and shake it but it is solid. 

On the topic of cool discoveries, I found when I accidentally added a twinkle effect to a string programmed for hybrid the resulting look is a pleasing retro blinker bulb look I've not seen before with leds.   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2013, »
OK so stupid question here. If you program a Square module should the programming make it RGB in testing or is it still going to be BGR?

Never mind. Must have not taken a program correctly. Reprogrammed backwards and is working as it should.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2013, »
Ok,

I am on the bug on the reverse with the groups size more than one issue.

One question?  Should we count null modes in the node count. In other words when you say 100 nodes on the SSC utility are you including the one nul node you told it, or is a 100 string with one nul node input as a 99 node string to the SSC utility? I am not sure one is right and the other is wrong but I need to know to program it correctly. I have the issues worked out on the backwards with group but this question matters when you put node nodes in and are in reverse. Does not matter with the forward direction at all.

RJ
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, by RJ »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2013, »
I'll pass on this as I have never used null nodes nor grouping and have no idea what the answer should be.  We need someone who has used or is planning to use these features to give us the input.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2013, »
I went with my feeling. You will say a 100 node string is a 100 node string no matter how many nul nodes you use. it will handle the math on the ssc side of the house.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2013, »
Ok I think this should work now.

Give it a try and let me know.

You set the node count to the total nodes. If you use Nul nodes it will subtract them from the useable node count in the firmware. So a 100ct string is still 100 nodes even if you are using 20 nul nodes and so only have 80 nodes to control. The channels would be 240 not 300 channels in this case.  Remember your software does not know about nul nodes so you do not show them in your seqence software.

RJ

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2013, »
I went with my feeling. You will say a 100 node string is a 100 node string no matter how many nul nodes you use. it will handle the math on the ssc side of the house.

RJ

I would agree with that RJ

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2013, »
Ok I think this should work now.

Give it a try and let me know.

You set the node count to the total nodes. If you use Nul nodes it will subtract them from the useable node count in the firmware. So a 100ct string is still 100 nodes even if you are using 20 nul nodes and so only have 80 nodes to control. The channels would be 240 not 300 channels in this case.  Remember your software does not know about nul nodes so you do not show them in your seqence software.

RJ

Will test tomorrow. Thanks RJ!

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2013, »
I agree too, 100 is 100  even if you have nulls.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2013, »
Pickit 3 checksum F171;  White program flashes now  ;D 

Backward single group good; Backward 5, 10, 20, 50 groups good;

Backward group with nulls mostly works but there are nulls on both ends, and the backward null is calculated as group minus null;  IE:
Backward, 10 group, 5 nulls: 5 nulls at both ends, but rest is OK.  (10-5=5)
backward, 25 group, 10 nulls: null at back is 15, and 10 at front.  (25-10=15)
backward, 50 group, 20 nulls: null at back is 30, and 20 at front.  (50-20=30)
backward, 50 group, 5 nulls: null at back is 45 and 5 at front.   (50-5=45)

As I type this I am not really sure if the null is supposed to be backward or not since I believe the function is a data repeater and data always comes from front near ssc but I originally expected backward nulls to be at rear/back...

Not sure if intentional but the larger the group the slower the program flash.  Just something I notice.