Author Topic: New SSC  (Read 49246 times)

Offline deplanche

Re: New SSC
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Have the parts from Mouser, still waiting for the board.  :(  Glad there is still saturday mail delivery.

Are you a long way from Florida?

They all shipped on Monday.

RJ

Post Office tracking is terrible... never know when things are coming.  But did get the notification it shipped, so ready to build when it arrives.

Offline deplanche

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, »
Mail arrived today without the board. :(  Is anyone else slow in getting theirs?  USPS site and tracking number only says that it got the electronic information that it would be shipped.  But nothing that says where it is or when it should arrive.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
New SSC
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, »
Mine was a day later than what the tracking said but it did at least update

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, »
I sent everyone that a label was printed for so if it says that it went in the same box that the others were at the Post Office.

Sorry you are having to wait.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline zwiller

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, »
Mine came like the day after paypal (but I am real nice to our postal carrier and she likes my show ;D). 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, »
My board came a few days ago but no sign of the parts from Mouser.  Hoping for Monday.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2013, »
Anything to report so far? They working ok or are you having issues?

RJ

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, »
I'm still waiting on parts from Mouser. They should arrive today, and I can finish building it.

Rick P

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, »
Had to help move mother in-law and her husband closer to us this weekend so did not get to do some of the stuff that I had hoped. Also fighting a small network issue, but I have tested Flex Strips and Squares with no issues at all. I have a string of 124 nodes @ 8" spacing that I am planning on testing the next couple of days. So far so good for me.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, »
Had to help move mother in-law and her husband closer to us this weekend so did not get to do some of the stuff that I had hoped. Also fighting a small network issue, but I have tested Flex Strips and Squares with no issues at all. I have a string of 124 nodes @ 8" spacing that I am planning on testing the next couple of days. So far so good for me.

Have you tried changing direction or limiting the number of nodes (i.e.: less that 128, or less then 10, etc)

I have a problem but I don't know if its me or a bug.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2013, »

Have you tried changing direction or limiting the number of nodes (i.e.: less that 128, or less then 10, etc)

I have a problem but I don't know if its me or a bug.

Rick R.

Hey Rick, give me some more specifics. My tests so far has been my Spinner. It has 120 flex strip nodes, 10 Square nodes. and 30 regular nodes. I have not seen any issues with what I have tried. My sequences have Rainbow colors varying, Slow fades RGBW (15 sec ramp up\15 sec ramp down), chases and all on for a period of time (Full White). I have not tested my FE Coro canes that have 8 Rectangular nodes each.

If you let me know what you are seeing I will try and duplicate it.

Roger

Not sure what you mean about changing direction. I have in Xlights reversed the pattern for reverse chase direction. Is that what you are referring to?

Another note: I did just leave them run all day yesterday with a rainbow chase in Xlights while I was gone. Ran from about 9 am until 7pm.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, »
I was talking about making changes in the Smart String Utility to the SSC

Number of Nodes for the SSC (set it less then your full set of nodes)
Direction (which node is  #1) the first from from the SSC or the last node in the set
Grouping and Null Nodes

I am just using smart strings but test every type of nodes you have

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, »
Will check as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2013, »
I believe that Rick has found a bug. Here are my findings so far. Any backwards programmed number only the last node will light. I have done 1 through 20 now and it is consistent with all.

Example of what I see. Flex strip programmed  for 10 nodes backwards. All lights set to on only node 10 will light (Looks green to me, but I am color blind and no one home to help with that right now). Now to further diagnose. If I turn on channel 30 that should be Blue for node 10. However node 10 turns red. If I select channel 31 node 10 turns what I am calling green. 31 should start as red on node 11. Node 11 is not programmed.

Further testing to follow. Just wanted to give an update.

Wife just verified it is green.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2013, »
Thanks as soon as I get free from the work I am doing I will look at it. I am sure it is a firmware bug that is easy to resolve.

RJ