Author Topic: New SSC  (Read 49247 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: New SSC
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, »
Will try new firmware when I get home from work.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, »
Here are a few things I see, mostly with the backwards not working.  Original firmware.

FlexStrip (120 node length)

• I put it in backwards all that works is the very first led (1 channel), 30 nodes, no null, grouping of 1
  • Flashes Green with tool (just noting nothing bad)

Square Models (5 node string)

• I put it in backwards all that works is the very first led (1 channel), 5 nodes, no null, grouping of 1
  • Flashes Green with tool (just noting nothing bad)

String Models (14 node string)

• I put it in backwards all that works is the very first led (1 channel), 14 nodes, no null, grouping of 1
  • Flashes Red with tool (just noting nothing bad its not white an different)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, »
Here is a short video showing the green flashing.  I have 3 SSCs connected, 2 V2 and 1 V4.  guess which one is the V4.  LOL

I also see red flashing when doing nodes.  Different colors might be a good safety check that you selected the correct type of element you are programming for.

Jim

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, »
Latest firmware appears to be working fine on short test. I will do some more in depth testing shortly, but backwards and forward 120 node flex strip is working on a rainbow chase.

Note to everyone: When programming with the SS Utility you MUST remove the blue jumper before removing power or the program will not take.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, »
I tested on the other end of the spectrum and backwards seems to be 1 channel off. I programmed 5 channels with a start channel of 4081 and 4082 is R. 4083 G, 4084 B. Programmed forward and all works as it should 4081 R, 4082 G, 4083 B.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2013, »
Ok I can fix this give me a few minutes and I will have new firmware posted.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, »
I believe this will fix the one channel off issue.

RJ

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2013, »
I believe this will fix the one channel off issue.

RJ

Yep that did it. Have run through some basic slow fades, chases, and all ons. So far so good. I have to do some PR with the wife tonight, I will just let them run on a cycle. Sorry I can't do more tonight.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2013, »
Anyone else having any luck?

RJ

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2013, »
My apologies RJ. I have not had time the last couple of nights. I may have some time tomorrow night. I still want to check first node length and square and rectangular nodes. Dang work and taxes are killing me.!  >:(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2013, »
My apologies RJ. I have not had time the last couple of nights. I may have some time tomorrow night. I still want to check first node length and square and rectangular nodes. Dang work and taxes are killing me.!  >:(

thats fine you have given feedback I was wondering what others were seeing. Rick is having some issue, you seem to be ok, others sy it just flashes. I am not sure what to do. If it is working on one I would expect to work on all.

Make sure after you flash the pic with the newest firmware you then use the SS utility to set the channel,direction ect. it is not setup to work until you do this.

RJ

RJ

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2013, »
I was waiting to see if anyone else posted, but I have not been able to get the new firmware to do anything.

If I use the original version 4 firmware, everything works fine. If I use the test, test2 or test3 version, I do not get anything from the SSC. When I run the Smart String Utility, I do not get anything flashing or anything.

I was curious how the ones who have gotten it to work are programming the PIC and what version of the Microchip software they are using. Also, are they running the smart string utility with a USB dongle or Etherdongle?

I have tried both version 1 and version 3 of the standalone pickit3 programming utility with the same results. I am using an Etherdongle to program start channel and test. I have not tried with a USB dongle yet.

Rick P.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, by rmp2917 »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2013, »
I have only been using my usb dongle since the etherdongle is being tested with the conductor beta stuff.

A couple of times I had to start and stop and then start again the SSU transmit before the lights would flash

Rick R.

I was waiting to see if anyone else posted, but I have not been able to get the new firmware to do anything.

If I use the original version 4 firmware, everything works fine. If I use the test, test2 or test3 version, I do not get anything from the SSC. When I run the Smart String Utility, I do not get anything flashing or anything.

I was curious how the ones who have gotten it to work are programming the PIC and what version of the Microchip software they are using. Also, are they running the smart string utility with a USB dongle or Etherdongle?

I have tried both version 1 and version 3 of the standalone pickit3 programming utility with the same results. I am using an Etherdongle to program start channel and test. I have not tried with a USB dongle yet.

Rick P.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2013, »
Anyone else having any luck?

RJ

Mouser parts here yesterday plan to build and test soon.  Anything particular to test?  While I am at it, I assume in order to program 2nd universe is similar to older versions? (channel 4097 would be channel 1) 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2013, »
I have been using the ETD to program with the SSC Utility. Remember to select PIC24F04KA200 chip when programming with the Pickit3 program. I do get an exception error when I start my SSC Utility,but if I hit continue it still works.

While I am at it, I assume in order to program 2nd universe is similar to older versions? (channel 4097 would be channel 1) 

Sam, You will still program each universe 1-4096 (The SSC Utility will not let you program any higher) then you have to use the jumper wires on the Active hub to select which universe you want to use.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, by rdebolt »