Author Topic: Xlights version D  (Read 2230 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Xlights version D
« on: March 16, 2013, »
Where do I find the download for xlights version D?  <fp.

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Xlights version D
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, »
Scroll down about 20 messages.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, »
The most recent xlights is included in this download
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This was xLights 2012e as the base code. I have enhanced the Nutcracker tab. xLights ver 2012e was 20K lines of code, 4K of those were the Nutcracker effects. Now the code is 21K, 5K is for Nutcracker.

So you get the full xLights plus the latest Nutcracker effects when you download from my site.

thanks

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, »
I assume it is the one 3.0.6 if so when I attempt to download it I get this error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, »
I just followed Seans link.  Clicked on the file name in the grid and it downloaded to my PC.  I am using Chrome.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, »
Well I tried it again and now I'm receiving this error message "Windows cannot find C:\users\kurtis\downloads\xlights_Nutcracker_3_0_6.exe. Make sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again".

I have both internet explorer and chrome and have tried it using both browsers. Any ideas?

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Xlights version D
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, »
Do you have any active protection software which might be thinking this download is a virus or malware and perhaps moving it or putting somewhere else after its downloaded?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, »
taybrynn - I think your correct. I have Norton 360 and when I try to download the program I believe Norton is automatically removing it. Not being computer smart I have no idea how to set Norton to allow the download. If anyone knows please send the info my way.  <fp.

Offline rm357

Xlights version D
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, »
I'm not familiar with norton360, but generally speaking, go into norton and look for the quarantine folder under the antivirus. If its there, there should be an option to restore the file - either a button or right-click drop down menu.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, »
I had Norton (It came with Windows 8), it was annoying for this reputation "virus". I disable Norton and loaded up AVG instead. When I had Norton, when it blocked a downloaded file it had a message that said file fails to have enough reputation (or taht is what the interpretation of the error message means). I remember you can click on the file name and say bring it back. I no longer have Norton so cant do screen copies for you.

Why not disable Norton, download xlights (a one minute task) and then re-enable norton.

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline prof

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, »
I am using Chrome browser and Norton 360. When the file download completes, the Norton popup appears at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Click on the link that says View Details. This brings up the File Insight popup. At the bottom of the popup ( beside the yellow close button) click on the Restore link. Then click on Yes to restore the file. The option to exclude the file ID from future scans should already be ticked.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, »
Got it!! I disable Norton and away it went. Now its time to watch all the tutorials and play.  <;d

Thanks for all the help!!  <res.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, »
Glad you got it going!