Author Topic: DSC links in Wiki bad now  (Read 3376 times)

Offline arw01

DSC links in Wiki bad now
« on: April 20, 2013, »
twodogs store on this page has it's url in renewal status, so I imagine they are gone.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And the ebay item is no longer available.  The table said 150 on a 5m string.  Was that related to power draw and if we pick the proper 4 wire we can go to a 300 string 5m?

I see a 60 leds per meter at 1.2a a meter.  I was unable to find the DSC current and I think it was someplace in the 4 amp range, which would explain the 30 leds a meter link they provided which is not in the store anymore.

Alan

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: DSC links in Wiki bad now
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, »
In the wiki it state that the max amps for the dsc is 4 amps, . As far as I know the amount of leds on a string have little bearing on what you buy, it has more to do with the amount of amps each string draws. so lets say you buy a string with 60 leds /meter@ 5m  at 1.2 amps per meter then you could safely use 3 meters of it,and the rest on something else. It all depends on the amp draw of each led for a total amp draw for the dsc. The link in the wiki was for general reference on ebay to help people locate a source that will work for the dsc. Hope that helps