Author Topic: xlights/Nutcracker and LOR animation?  (Read 2631 times)

Offline UncleBuck

xlights/Nutcracker and LOR animation?
« on: March 18, 2013, »
I haven't had a chance to view all the tutorails of xlight/Nutcracker but I thought I would throw this question out there anyway. So when you export an effect from xlights to LOR how do you draw the animation in LOR? I guess I could spend the next six mouths put 2,400 Red, Green and Blue squares in the animation for my mega tree.  <yk..

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: xlights/Nutcracker and LOR animation?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't had a chance to view all the tutorails of xlight/Nutcracker but I thought I would throw this question out there anyway. So when you export an effect from xlights to LOR how do you draw the animation in LOR? I guess I could spend the next six mouths put 2,400 Red, Green and Blue squares in the animation for my mega tree.  <yk..

The easiest way is to create a LOR clip board file, *.lcb. Now you take a sequence you have. You need to set aside enough channels to handle your megatree. In your example you need a block of 2400 channels.

After creating all the effects for your megatree, say Carol of the Bells, you export the megatree effects as a lcb file. Now on the left side of LOR you click on "Load Clipboard". Now your effect will show up under saved clipboards. Click on the recently loaded clipboard. Now move your cursor down to the first cell of the firt channel where your megatree starts. Press ctl-v or right click and select paste.

Now your entire megatree animation gets pasted where it belongs.

I am not a LOR expert, so others can correct my understanding.
thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, »
I have a problem!! I was playing around in xlights and converted one of my LOR sequences to the xlight sequences so I could try and put an effect into one of my current LOR sequences. When I converted it back from xlights to LOR and opened it in the LOR sequencer I had all kinds of channels and effects but all my original sequencing was gone. Now I wasn't smart enough to use a demo sequence and used the sequence I use in my show!! How can I undo what I have done to get my original LOR sequence back or am I out of luck and just need to chalk it up as an "Oh Crap" moment.  <fp.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, »
If you have no back up I am afraid it is gone. Don't by some chance have it (the original) on anther PC do you?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, »
Perhaps if you browse to your sequence folder there may be some kind of backup file there. I haven't used LOR since v2. I know LSP creates backup files but you don't see them within the program itself because it changes the extension. You have to browse in windows explorer to see them and change the extension to the correct one. Maybe LOR does something similar.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, »
The first rule of sequencing is backup, backup, backup.  Or else you will lose stuff.  Ask the rest of us how we learned that lesson.  LOL
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, »
Ok now that I'm over the initial shock and realized I did have a copy on my show computer what did I do wrong?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok now that I'm over the initial shock and realized I did have a copy on my show computer what did I do wrong?

Glad to hear that. I am not using LOR so I will defer to Sean and others for your help here.