Author Topic: Conductor updating?  (Read 2072 times)

Offline crazybob

Conductor updating?
« on: March 20, 2013, »
I am looking into building a conductor for my display this year, but am a bit confused.
I thought I remember reading somewhere a while back that the plan was for the conductor to be able to be updated (adding songs, changing schedule, etc...) wirelessly from a computer. However, it looks to me like you must physically eject the CF card, hook it to your computer, update, then put it back in the conductor. Is this correct? Or is the card just on board storage that can be updated wirelessly?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Conductor updating?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, »
The CF card has to be format and write to using a Computer CF Reader/Writer. The Conductor has no ability to write to the CF only read.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, »
If the conductor cannot write to the card, how can you change the schedule?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, »
You have to put the cf card in a card reader to set the schedule. Then put in conductor.

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, »
I was under the impression that the schedule file is the same size all the time that it could be updated without the card having to be reformatted, so it could be updated remotley - thought RJ said new conductor firmware would do that...

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, »
I think that is what the phone app is for. Also possibly testing your lights in the future firmware. Looking at the current app it looks like as long as you have shows already created with your computer you can set the schedule or disable the schedule.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, »
I was under the impression that the schedule file is the same size all the time that it could be updated without the card having to be reformatted, so it could be updated remotley - thought RJ said new conductor firmware would do that...

The schedule file,"playlist.dat" is a fixed length file of 8K but it can only be updated via the computer and not the Conductor.  You can update, add and delete items in the schedule as often as you like without having to reformat the CF card.

Denny

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, »
You have to put the cf card in a card reader to set the schedule. Then put in conductor.

That would make the conductors remote application pretty much useless.  I can see where the Conductor would have some issues creating a file but if it can read it, there really shouldn't be much of an issue writing back to it.  Many of the options that RJ said he was working on would require writing back to the schedule file if not the show files as well.  I think the confusion is in what is required on the card along with what the Conductor can do and what it will be able to do.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, »
I may be wrong (and I usually am), but I think that all the remote access can do is start and stop the the schedule, maybe sync the time and set volume, but it definitely cannot make a schedule as of now.

Note: I do have a conductor, but have never used the remote app.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, »
I'm in the same boat and have not relly used it yet.  I thought that you could set the schedule of the shows that you created but I could be confused as to where that is actually done.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, »
I'm in the same boat and have not relly used it yet.  I thought that you could set the schedule of the shows that you created but I could be confused as to where that is actually done.

If you have several schedules built I think that you can select those, they just need to be pre-built and on the cf card.

btw T I have always loved your signature. LMAO everytime I read it!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, »
The current version of the Conductor Control Panel (1.5) only supports one schedule.  Version 2, which is in the early stages of beta, will support multiple schedules.

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, »
There you go proving me correct again........ I don't know anything!  <fp.