Author Topic: Please help me with xlights setup  (Read 9057 times)

Offline thebaronn

Please help me with xlights setup
« on: March 23, 2013, »
Hello,

I am a current LSP user with scheduler issues. I am tossing up a small Easter show and was wondering if any Xlights users could point me where to start? I was hoping my sequence would be small; enough for the scheduler to works, but that does not appear to be the case and I really do not feel like doing the partial export and using the LOR scheduler...

I installed xlights version E.

I have 147 LOR channels on COM3 (96 are 2 firefli units in legacy mode, the others are spread accross 4 16ch controllers)
I also have 5 E682 Boards spanning 25 DMX universes.

I set up my networks and honestly I have no idea if it is correct.

When I did the inital converstion from LSP, I recieved a notice that only the 5 E682 controllers would be exported. I used LightElf for the conversion and there are problems. When LightElf converst I get and error and the file cannot write a log file.

Now I am just sitting here staring at the computer with a dumb look on my face because I have no clue.

Please lend me you expertise!!

Thank you
Eric

Offline rm357

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, »
I don't know much about the LOR setup, but here are a few of the hints I do know.

In xlights, the order on the setup page is critical. The column to the far right shows you the channel numbers in LSP or vixen.
If your LOR controllers are the first channels, that entry has to be at the top of the list.

E1.31 universes are 512 channels. I'm not sure what effect setting them to 510 has...

Different versions of LSP have different channel number limits. The version I have stops at channel 8192. Channels 8193 and above will not be transmitted or exported. I think there is a version that only does 512 channels, and another version that is unlimited.

There are a number of LOR users on this list, so give it some time for them to chime in.

Good luck!
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline thebaronn

Re: Please help me with xlights setup
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, »
Apparenly, this is also showing my lack of knowledge with my current sequencer...

How do I know the number of the LOR controllers in LSP? Whan all the layers are showing, is it just from top to bottom?

In LSP, on the E682 boards I only use 510 channels per DMX universe. 511 and 512 do not exist in the sequence. And every DMX universe that ends in 5 is the last of the board, only 264 DMX channels used.

My LSP has a 32767 channel limit (but I guess controlling them without lag is a whole different story, lol)

Thank you
Eric

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, »
Eric, First in LSP if you close all of your layers you can count your controllers on the main grid page. I labeled all of my controllers 1-32 so I knew how many and which one I was working with. Are you driving the LORs with an LOR dongle or e131?

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Eric, First in LSP if you close all of your layers you can count your controllers on the main grid page. I labeled all of my controllers 1-32 so I knew how many and which one I was working with. Are you driving the LORs with an LOR dongle or e131?

Okay I changed everything around like you did (I think) and put the controllers in acsending order from top to bottom finishing off with the 5 E682 boards.

I am using a LOR dongle to control the LOR controllers and the 2 fireli in lagacy mode.

What is the best way to get the msq over to xlights? Use the LSP exporter or use LightElf?

Thank you
Eric

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, »
LSP does not export to Xlights. You have to use light elf, but I am not familiar with the error that you are getting. light elf has worked great for me. I would post a question about your error on the Light Elf section. I don't know how much Frank is following this time of year, but you will get more help with it there.

Just checked and Frank (person who wrote Light Elf) was online today so he might be able to help you there.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, »
In LSP are your LOR controllers really set for channels 11521 to 11667? So your matrix starts at 1?

Offline caretaker

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, »
Eric,
  From what I could see it looks like your antivirus software (Bethoven) is blocking python from running. You either need to have your antivirus software allow Python to run OR turn of your antivirus software till after Light Elf is done.
Jeff Squires

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, »
Rdbolt: I thought that LSP could export to a conductor sequence, then xlights could take it from there? Regarding channels: that was my initial setup. I have since changed it so the 147 LOR channels are first.

Caretaker: Beethoven virus is the name of the sequence. It is a portion of the Pathetique Sonata. I do not run antivirus on my show/sequencing computer. (That made my day though!)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, »
Rdbolt: I thought that LSP could export to a conductor sequence, then xlights could take it from there?

Xlights cannot do anything with the conductor (seq) file. Only conductor can run those files. Xlights can create seq from almost any file except LSP (asq, msq).

That is where light Elf is a must for LSP to Xlights. When you convert and msq file in Light Elf it will create both an xseq file for Xlights and a .seq file for the conductor! You need the xseq file for Xlights to run any LSP sequence.

I have tried in the past to export from LSP to LOR from LSP, but LSP does something with the LOR file that keeps it from running in Xlights.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, »
Ok, I thought that that LSP could export a conductor sequence to use.
So I must get lightelf to work.

I'm old hat at LSP to LOR. Export, shange sequence timing from 0 to real time (in centiseconds) open in LOR (it will have no RGB channels though).  Maybe I will try the LOR sequence with xlights on Tuesday.

The show is running through LOR right now, but it takes 5-8hours to convert one of my songs from LSP to LOR. Eventually LOR won't be in the equation and I would prefer to get this option up and running.

Thank you
Eric

Offline keitha43

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, »
LSP can export a conductor sequence but only the conductor uses that format just for clarification. Xlights also can create conductor format. But the scheduler itself only runs LOR or its own format. Make sense?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline rm357

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, »
I don't know about the current version, but the old version of LSP will output a LOR file, which xlights can use directly, but it works better if you use xlights to convert the LOR file to a native xseq file.

I've never used light elf, but I have used LSP and xlights.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, »
The files is huge and wWhen I export the whole files at once (from LSP to LOR) the machine hangs. I let it sit there overnight and nothing.

I reduce the sequence to only 768 RGB DMX channels (I have a matrix with 5 panels, 3840RGB channels) and it takes about an hour per panel.

Could I combine all of mini sequences to one big one in xlights?

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, »
Pay no attention to that last one. I am making it harder than it is.
I posted an question in the lightelf area.
If I can get the import sorted, I will be good to go!

Thank you again,
Eric