Author Topic: Please help me with xlights setup  (Read 9056 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Please help me with xlights setup
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So right now with my firefli in legacy mode (controllers 17, 18 & 19) on the LOR network xlights should control them, correct?

So with what Jon is saying (Correct me if I am wrong) NO you cannot run Firefli without first programming them to work in DMX open.

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, »
So right now with my firefli in legacy mode (controllers 17, 18 & 19) on the LOR network xlights should control them, correct?

So with what Jon is saying (Correct me if I am wrong) NO you cannot run Firefli without first programming them to work in DMX open.

Well then once again, I hit the wall......

Offline caretaker

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, »
It is not hard to convert any of D-Lights controllers to Open DMX.  I did that with my ACx8's by buying new PIC's for the controllers (I didn't have to but I have my original PIC's that can be stuck back in if needed) and programmed them with my PICkit3 including start addresses. Just read the info on the D-Light forums for a how to.
Jeff Squires

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, »
It is not hard to convert any of D-Lights controllers to Open DMX.  I did that with my ACx8's by buying new PIC's for the controllers (I didn't have to but I have my original PIC's that can be stuck back in if needed) and programmed them with my PICkit3 including start addresses. Just read the info on the D-Light forums for a how to.

What dongle will I need?

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, »
For my Open D-Light boards, I used a Pickit 2 or 3 to program the new chips. No different than DLA for that part.

Once the PIC chip is installed, it must be configured so that it knows its Start Channel. Again, same as many DLA boards.

I have only used a D-Light USB/RS485 dongle for that job, using the DeweyConfig software.

DeweyConfig will only talk to USB/RS485 dongles. It is sending the Open DMX protocol, not LOR protocol.
It might work with an LOR USB/RS485 dongle because it can also send Open DMX.
It might work with an ENTTEC Open DMX dongle.

DeweyConfig will NOT work with a Lynx USB Dongle because it is not Open DMX.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, »
To run the Fireflies after there conversion to DMX - The Lynx Etherdongle or USB dongle will work fine.
To program the start channel using Dewey Config - Either the D-Light or LOR USB to 486 dongle OR a open DMX dongle (Lynx Etd or USB dongles won't work as JonB said)

What dongle will I need?
Jeff Squires