Author Topic: Cmd line error when importing sequence, please help!  (Read 6034 times)

Offline thebaronn

Hello

I am working on an Easter show and also running tests for the new year. This year I had many issues with the LSP Scheduler and I am trying to get my show to run with xlights.

I followed the instructions here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and everything seem to install just fine.

When I imported a sequence the import screen just says error and i get this error in the comand line prompt:

What did I do wrong? Please help!
Thank you
Eric

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Eric, hopefully Frank will chime in here. What is the exact command that you are giving. I will see if I can help, but Frank had to help me in the beginning.

Offline thebaronn

When I open LightElf, I get the screen where you can open a sequence and a cmd dialog box. I open the Beethoven Virus 2013F and the green status bar moves from empty to full rather quickly and then says error. Then when I look at the cmd box that picture is what is left.

I am probably doing something completey stupid and screwing everything up.
When I get home I will uninstall everything and follow thos instrauctions again.

Is the current version lightelf 9.0?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Yes I believe that .9 is the latest version. So you do get Light elf opened and can import your sequence? The error occurs when you export it? Am I following you correctly?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Under the options area have you set your directories up?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline thebaronn

rdebolt: I did not get a chance to work on it last night. But I can olen lightelf and select the sequence and that is as far as i get.

twooly: hmm.... The fact that you mention "directories" means more than one? I only set up the xlight directory (cause that was what the program said to do to make sure the network setup was there) maybe that is my problem. I will check it out.

Thank you
Eric

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Cmd line error when importing sequence, please help!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, »
Yeah under options-settings you need to set both the xlights and temp dir.  Your error looks like the temp dir is not set.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline thebaronn

Now that you say that, I know for a fact I never set a temp directory.
Like I said, I am a genius!

Thank you
Eric

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Let us know how it works out!

Offline thebaronn

Hello!

I changed the directories and added a sequence.

It has been analyzing for 20 minutes. The msq file is very large at 108GB (large for lsp standards)

The status bar has not moved at all.

Am I being impatient?

Thank you
Eric

Offline thebaronn

Re: Cmd line error when importing sequence, please help!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, »
HAHA!! Spoke too soon!

I received an memory error!

Am I finished?

I assume this is a 32bit program? If so what file should I manipulate to use more memory? Python?

Eric

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, »
It gets right up to the 2G mark and the quits....

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, »
Ok, small fix.
I allowed python to use more than 2GB of memory and now it seems to be working. It spiked a 2.1GB and then drops down and then seems to be holding at 1.7GB and the green bar is actually growing! The program is 5 min further into conversion then before (I have been used to timing processes since all the memory issues I had with LSP and LOR) and so it is either working, or just messing with me out of spite!

LOL!

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, »
Okay I think I was able to get it going.
After I allowed for more memory it processed the file and I exported it just fine. xlights read the file and played it.
It was all jacked up though..I don't know if it is an xlights problem or lightelf...

My lightelf log files is 300MB....

Are they always this long?

Or is there an issue?

Thank you again!
Eric

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, »
Glad you got it going. I am not sure about the log files, but if the sequence is 3g I could see that happening.