Author Topic: Cmd line error when importing sequence, please help!  (Read 6035 times)

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Cmd line error when importing sequence, please help!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, »
That is a huge log file. It would tend to make me think that a lot of potential issues were flagged.

One thing that helps the conversion process go smoother is to use more controllers in your sequence. LSP breAks each controller into a separate file.

The first issue you hit was probably due to one controller with a large channel count. That is usually what pushes you over the memory cap. You can install 64 bit python and wxpython to work around this but the conversion will be slow.

The app will process as many controllers in parallel as you have cores so it will generally run smoother with more controllers.

Take a look at your log file and post a snippet here.

Frank

Offline thebaronn

Re: Cmd line error when importing sequence, please help!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, »
Okay, I think I posted the log file in the other thread.

I am losing my mind!!!

LOL! There is a 64 python? So i did it the heard way and got the 32 to use more than 2GB? Awesome!
Conversion took about an hour.

The files shows all kinds of issues, but I have no clue what they mean.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, »
The problem is that my code has to "guess" what you want to do. So I structured it to treat Zones in LSP like networks in xLights.

So Zone 3 tells my code to add the configured max channels in Xlights networks 1 and 2 to the channel number defined for the current controller.

Working with multiple technologies makes this some what difficult.

I recommend that you put all LOR controllers in Zone1.  Then place all e.131 controllers in zone 2.  Fro your e131 you can just number channels in increasing order.

Then in Xlights configure your networks with your LOR network first followed by all of your e.131 networks.  You can have as many e.131 networks as you require.

The error you are seeign in your log is because the code is adding

maxchan.net1 + maxchan.net2 + currentchannum

And that value is greater than the number of channels configured in your xlights network file.

Regards,

Frank

Offline thebaronn

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, »
Okay, I will change the LSP file around.

Regarding the test tab on xlights. I cannot get any of the Firefli to light up? I have the 2 firefli working in Legacy mode and they do not light up at all. Is the xlights setup contingent on a sequence? Or once I set everything up is it just there?

All the E1.31 channels are spot on when I test them.

I will change my LSP file again to see if I can get this problem solved.

Thank you
Eric