Author Topic: vixen into xlights/nutcracker  (Read 1825 times)

Offline vstar

vixen into xlights/nutcracker
« on: April 04, 2013, »
does anyone know how to put your vixen files ,media and profiles into one file and load it into the nutcracker cant figure it out i am not a computer guy
thanks 

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: vixen into xlights/nutcracker
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, »
I use Vixen and have played with nutcracker but never put all of vixen files into nutcracker
If you mean xLights/Nutcracker then you just tell xLights what folder your Vixen files are in.
Unless I am missing something here.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline vstar

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, »
thanks rick I have been playing with the nutcracker also  I thought I had to bring my vixen files into xlights maybe I should try making a sequence in the nutcracker and bring it into my vixen
thanks

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, »
Be careful when using xlights nutcracker to add RGB effects to an existing vixen sequence.  You should always keep a backup of your working sequences separate from anything that you are changing.  I copy all my vixen stuff into a separate xlight folder and then add stuff.  If I need to go back to the original they are still in my main saved location.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline vstar

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, »
that's just it jim I don't know how to copy my vixen stuff into a separate folder to bring it in to xlights have tried but always says its missing something media or profile have been trying to find somewhere that it  is explained or a video on how to doit the vixen tuitorials were great they gave me a step by step ..like I have said definetly not a computer guy

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, »
You use a program called windows explorer.  In vixen all the files are in 3 separate folders - audio, profiles, sequences.  You have to go into each of the Vixen folders and copy the appropriate files to the xlights folder.  Do a copy not a move.  What version of vixen are you using?  For v2.1 the folders are under the vixen folder which is usually in the root of the C drive, ie. c:vixen\audio, etc.  Your xlights folder can be anywere, but usually it will be in the my documents folder and at least for me I named mine xlights data.  there is no separate audio, etc folders for xlights, everything is just thrown into one folder.  Some instructions will vary based on what version of windows you are using.  If you don't know how to use windows explorer then you should be using google to look for a "How to copy files in Windows 7 (or xp or whatever)" tutorial.

edited for grammar and spelling
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, by jnealand »
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA