Author Topic: 4 port passive hub?  (Read 847 times)

Offline oj70chevy

4 port passive hub?
« on: April 12, 2013, »
question and please correct me if i am wrong.the 4 port passive hub will take 1 data signal from the active hub and distribute that to 4 ssc but all 4 will play the exact same thing right? say I have 4 coro canes and want them to all do different colors (1 -red, 1- blue, 1 - green, 1 - white) at the same time this will NOT work but if I want them to all to be the same color all the time then this WILL work?
Thanks
Ralph

Offline einstein2883

• Beta Tester
Re: 4 port passive hub?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, »
They will only play the exact thing if you set them all to the same start channel.  Each port will still have access to all 4096 channels.  So for example if you put 10 pixels each cane you would set cane1 controller to start address 1, cane2 controller to start address 31, cane3 would be 61 and so on.

Offline oj70chevy

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, »
ok thanks..
found this video from RJ that explains the set up and how the ssc is what determines the channel.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, by oj70chevy »
Thanks
Ralph

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, »
The 4-port passive hub ... takes a pixelnet signal (using the same pixelnet universe set on the ss hub) in ... and splits it into four pixelnet outs ... while optionally giving the option to inject power locally.    It gives you an ability to use one cat5 to bring four ports closer to another display items or group of items, then use shorter cords and possible local power supply if desired.

I wonder how these higher amp IP68 rated "ray" power supplies might work for 3-4 strings off a 4-port passive hub?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, »
I wonder how these higher amp IP68 rated "ray" power supplies might work for 3-4 strings off a 4-port passive hub?

I haven't used that one before, but looks like it'd work just fine to power the 4port hub