Author Topic: New within the Hardware world of Smart Pixels and such  (Read 3256 times)

Offline kiplorenzo

Hello,

So I am looking to find a couple of members (Denver area is preferable) that I can sponge information off of about the smart LED stuff.
I am purchasing 1 LOR controller for the standard christmas stuff and also bringing in Stage DMX stuff along with the smart LEDS.
I have a lighting plot and a pic of the house, but am trying to understand all of the different hardware, I do get the voltage stuff, and how this is going to be run wiring wise as well as controller wise. I've heard about WS2811 and WS2801... whats tha difference? LOL

thanks

Kip

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Kip,

In the wiki there is a page that shows members who are willing to program a pic for you but the benefit is you can see if anybody is in  your area along with the two links at the bottom of the page that shows some members on a map.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline FireMedic4Christ

New within the Hardware world of Smart Pixels and such
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, »
Mile Hi greetings Kip,

I am in Parker and there are several others in the area. I will add your name to my email group for the area. You can also search Facebook for COS Lights up from Colorado Springs and Colorado Light Enthusiast for the Denver metro. I am trying to get a mini get together organized for the near future.

There is lots of great resources in the area. Email anytime.

Brian