Author Topic: LSP and xLights  (Read 990 times)

Offline jaywalk101

LSP and xLights
« on: April 23, 2013, »
Hey everyone.  Been testing with xLights today and just realized something pretty cool.   I'm able to export my LSP files as conductor exports and convert them to xlights sequences.  I was a little skeptical when I started to test the scheduler from xlights but it actually worked and outputted to my e681 without a hitch and timing was perfect.  I even checked the E681 web server page and received no sequence errors or anything.  I'm pretty stoked about this.   Is there anyone else who has tried this?  I don't have any Conductor gear, but should that matter?

But anyways... this leads me to my next question..  With using xLights as my scheduler for 2013, should that be able to handle 6000-7000 channels OK?  And would a i5 Laptop with 4GB of RAM be sufficient?  I really don't want to have to run my show from my sequencing PC like I did last year. 

Thanks!

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: LSP and xLights
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey everyone.  Been testing with xLights today and just realized something pretty cool.   I'm able to export my LSP files as conductor exports and convert them to xlights sequences.  I was a little skeptical when I started to test the scheduler from xlights but it actually worked and outputted to my e681 without a hitch and timing was perfect.  I even checked the E681 web server page and received no sequence errors or anything.  I'm pretty stoked about this.   Is there anyone else who has tried this?  I don't have any Conductor gear, but should that matter?

But anyways... this leads me to my next question..  With using xLights as my scheduler for 2013, should that be able to handle 6000-7000 channels OK?  And would a i5 Laptop with 4GB of RAM be sufficient?  I really don't want to have to run my show from my sequencing PC like I did last year. 

Thanks!

My show last year was 12,100 channels. I had no issues.

I have tested xLights to 75,000 channels in creating effects. I believe xLights will have no lag to at least 25,000 channels, we will see what it looks like beyond that
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login