Author Topic: <FOUND> etherdongle <waiting for coop>  (Read 1230 times)

Offline drlucas

<FOUND> etherdongle <waiting for coop>
« on: April 24, 2013, »
The store has some boards for sale in the US store....i think RJ mentioned that Canadians can take advantage of this, but will have to check my notes....anywho...i am looking to get a fully assembled or kit to put together. i have my usb dongle working, but as the active hub coop winds up, i'll be needing me an etherdongle to go along with this. if someone has one available and willing to part with it and ship up to the great white north then please let me know.

thanks!
Ryan
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, by drlucas »
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: WTB: etherdongle
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, »
if it helps there is a coop coming for the ETD and the conductor also.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, »
Probably not the place to discuss this. But what do you think of having a sticky with upcoming coops (in the Announcement) to inform users of what coops are coming up. Sometimes when I visit the site i found out there is a coop that just opened and finished within a heartbeat. It would also be good to know ahead of time for users to plan out what they might need or for people like drlucas.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
if it helps there is a coop coming for the ETD and the conductor also.

RJ

Offline drlucas

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, »
helps for sure! and i like the suggestion. builds upon the poll that was run.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline rm357

WTB: etherdongle
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, »
Some coops go fast, but there is really no way to handle that other than first come first served. For new stuff, order quantities are limited to allow more folks to participate, but the coop manager has to decide how big a coop they can handle and cut things off at some point. 

If you did give notice to the date and time, the coop would fill up in minutes rather than hours and the folks that missed out would still be upset.

There has been a lot of talk about this in the past and no one has come up with a fair and manageable solution that is any better than the way we currently do the coops.

The best advice I can give is don't set your plans around getting the latest hardware...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, »
You can always go into the COOP section and click on "Notify" so it will email you when a new COOP starts.

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, »
+1 didn't think about that. Ok. Shoudl close this topic before it gets out of control or move topic  ;D

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You can always go into the COOP section and click on "Notify" so it will email you when a new COOP starts.

Offline drlucas

Re: <FOUND> etherdongle <waiting for coop>
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, »
hope the new subject line is enough. I'll stop posting on it :) thanks all.
-Ryan Lucas-