Author Topic: Conductor Question  (Read 2541 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Conductor Question
« on: August 03, 2013, »
I pulled out my conductor from last year.  I had it working, getting lights flashing etc.
I updated the firmware to "conductor revised".  Downloaded and am using V3 of the Control Panel.
I reformated my card, replaced all my files, using OGG files instead of mp3.  All file lengths are less than 8 char.
Inserted my card, and I was quite proud as I was able to get some lights. 
However, it lasted a short time and then I lost connection.
Now when I start up the Control Panel, I notice "ERROR" for the conductor Day setting and then loose connection.  Never get past "waiting" on the status.
Is this a battery issue on the conductor?  I left the one from last year installed on the unit over the last 12 months.

Thanks

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Re: Conductor Question
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, »
Have I stumped everyone or just asked a very basic fundamental question I should know the answer too?    :-\
Is there a document that explains errors that I can look up?

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, »
I'd certainly try swapping out the battery first to rule it out.

If after swapping out the battery it's still showing an error, I'd assume that further trouble shooting is required.

When you say you lost connection, I'd assume that's the Conductor Info (Status - Not connected) right?

Or are you in fact getting a connection, but the conductor is not displaying the right day, can you modify the time and re-sync to the PC time?

If you aren't getting a connection, what's your LAN settings for your PC and the router settings?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, »
With the current revisions to the firmware and software, I would think that very few currently consider themselves as experts right now. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, »
You might start over again with reformatting the flash card. Waiting is displayed while between shows. But I have not seen an error on the day setting. Maybe something wrong with your scheduler settings?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, »
I would expect it to be OK. Make sure you formatting and files are all ok as it should not have error coming up in the day field it should come up in the status field. If there is an issue reading the real time clock it should say RTC error.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, »
OK.  Reformatting the card resolved the "error."
Now another issue.
When I start my show nothing happens for about 6-8 seconds and then lights come on.  The sequence has lights turning on at time zero.  When lights do come on they seem to play correctly for the brief test I created; 22 sec long.  I am using LSP and have the most recent version to convert to Conductor format.  I reflashed my PIC on the Conductor and the Active Hub.  My SSC is V1 (is that an issue?).

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Now another issue.
When I start my show nothing happens for about 6-8 seconds and then lights come on.  The sequence has lights turning on at time zero.  When lights do come on they seem to play correctly for the brief test I created; 22 sec long.  I am using LSP and have the most recent version to convert to Conductor format.  I reflashed my PIC on the Conductor and the Active Hub.  My SSC is V1 (is that an issue?).

Sounds like you have a set up almost exactly the same as mine. Mine is:

1. LSP
2. Export to Conductor format
3. Onto flash card
4. Insert into conductor
5. Conductor on to the Ether dongle
6. Etherdongle to Active Hub
7. Active Hub to SSC v1 (yes I'm still on version one and they work just fine for me)

The lights should come on when you command them to do so and match what you have sequenced in the LSP sequencer

When I start a manual playback using the Conductor Control Panel from a remote PC, the sequence starts in a couple of seconds and works fine. I haven't started a show yet using the Conductor scheduler yet, but I'd expect it to be the same as if I started it manually.

Are you trying to turn the lights on at EXACTLY time zero (meaning right at the beginning of the sequence), I thought that with LSP you should not have an effect at exactly zero (perhaps 50mS after the start of the sequence, but not one at exactly zero)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Now another issue.
Are you saying that your effect starts at the very begining of the sequence? if so try adding a timing mark close to the beginning and then delete the effect between the begining of the sequence and that timing mark. There has been a problem for years if you start sequences with an effect. So there should not be any effects between the beginning of a sequence and the first timing mark in a sequence. Never start a sequence with an effect already being used.

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, »
Ok, I'll try starting blinking lights a bit after the start of the sequence.  I don't think I did this in the past.  I just put together a quick test sequence to see if lights turned on or not.

My test sequence was as follows:

Red 0-5 sec, Yellow 5-9 sec, Green 9-15 sec. + 7 sec more.   What I found weird is that the lights come on with green at about 7-8 seconds and will play the last 7 seconds correctly. 

I'll put an empty 1 sec timing mark at the beginning and see if that fixes it.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, »
It might be related to empty timing mark and having an effect right at the start of the sequence.

I know if I test what you are doing I'd get exactly what I put in the sequence. All my sequences are running 100% correctly and I've tested about 11 sequences so far and they all perform exactly how they were sequenced.

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, »
It was indeed the issue starting right at the beginning. I started 1 sec in and everything is good!  Thanks guys.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, »
Yay!

Glad it's all working now.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, »
The creator of LSP once told me that LSP has to see a "change of state" to turn on an effect and if you start and effect at 0:00 it never sees a change until the next timing mark.