Author Topic: Weird stuff!!  (Read 4994 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Weird stuff!!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, »
Hi Mark,

If you don't mind humoring me for a moment.

Please try the follow:
1 - Format the CF card and try these settings Fat32, 4096 bytes
2 - If you don't already have a seq converted. Convert one using xlights (I see you have a tclown.mp3, do you have a tclown seq file)
3 - Copy those two files to the CF
4 - Create new show files (using the new seq & mp3 files)
5 - Create new schedule using the new show file
6 - Create new password
7 - properly eject the CF
8 - Exit out of the Control Panel and unplug the dongle
9 - Insert the CF and power up the Dongle
10 - Start up the Control panel and enter the password

See if that gets it working. Hopefully it does it not that Denny could be on the right path (he normally is :) )

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, »
Hi Mark,

I don't know the answer to your question about the slave.  It depends on when & what is being checked for in the code from RJ.  Based on experience it appears that the connection to the CF card it checked before other pieces of hardware such as MP3 player & RTC, but like I said I don't know.

I'm a little confused about the statement "When inserted, no connection can be made.  When removed, I can connect to the conductor."  If I'm understanding this correctly it's just the opposite of what should be happening.  When the card is out of the Conductor you should get a status of "not connected" & when inserted you should be getting "waiting".

Denny

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, »
What he is seeing is there is a pin that tells me when a card is not inserted. This is the first check. If it does. Not see the connection to this one pin it does no other checks and reports a card error. A missing card is an error. When he inserts it then it trys to find the correct files. If it can not do to whatever reason it reboots.and this shows a no connection in the control panel. It sounds as if he is rebooting over and over. A number of reason this may be happening include not having the proper files needed, card format issues. Wrong type of card. Socket issues, if I fixed it then it likely is good.

The newer firmware that is in development will have additonal error reporting to make easier to know what it is un happy about. I know this does not help you right now but I am hoping to put it out in a couple of weeks.

RJ

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, »
Rick - I did what you asked and it still shows the same thing.

R.J. - I understand what you are saying and my question to you at this point is this.  I connected the slave board to the ED and inserted the card.  I received an RTC Error.  Based on what you are saying, the pin checked out with this daughter board because it went out and checked for the clock.  Does that mean that the pin is not being seen on the conductor that has all of the components (MP3, RTC) on board?
- Mark

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, »
Thanks RJ for jumping in.  The other thing I was wondering about is if there might be an issue with the 48 pin connection on the edge of the PCB.  It's hard to tell from the picture if there is or not.  I assume that the CF socket connections go there.  I'm waiting to see the results of Rick's request & we''ll go from there.

Denny

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, »
I'm waiting to see the results of Rick's request & we''ll go from there.

Denny, I am guessing you did not see my post prior to yours, but I tried everything Rick asked for but to no avail

I can table this for a couple of weeks, if needed, until the new firmware comes out.  I appreciate all that you all have done here.
- Mark

Offline zwiller

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, »
Mark,
I chased a similar issue and it was a bad RTC.  I just looked for some posts relating to it but I can't find them. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, »
Dennt I was out of town and could not see the image on the phone. It does look like there is some pins not soldered or soldered well. I would try to touch them up a little on the 48 pin connector.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, »
Mark,
I chased a similar issue and it was a bad RTC.  I just looked for some posts relating to it but I can't find them.

Thanks Sam - I appreciate you trying Brother!!
- Mark

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, »
RJ,
I knew you were at your son's graduation this past weekend so I didn't expect you'd see anything.

Mark's unavailable to work on it until Wednesday.

Denny

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, »
OK - I know that Denny is "The Beta Ninja", but apparently I have kicked his butt with the issues that I am having with my Conductor and appreciate all of the time and effort he has put into this problem.  I have tested the pins on the CF cage.  I have formatted, re-formatted and formatted again the CF card.  I have checked the format of the files that are placed on the CF card and they meet all requirements and then some.  I am not having the same issues as Sam with regards to an RTC issue. 

We are both at our whits ends and are looking for some additional help!!

Thanks in advance for for everything!!
- Mark

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, »
What version of the Pickit3 software are you using to flash the PIC?

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, »
What version of the Pickit3 software are you using to flash the PIC?

- Mark

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, »
I have had issues using Beta version 3.0, but I have not had any problems with version 1.0.

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, »
I guess I will wait until after the Academy and see if I can bug RJ for some help!!  Thanks to all for trying  <res.
- Mark