Author Topic: How to completely erase to start over  (Read 1565 times)

Offline bassmants

How to completely erase to start over
« on: May 06, 2013, »
I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but the problem is it automatically imports data that I've created from previous versions.  I could never successfully get it to work last year and want to give it a go along with Nutcracker, but want to start fresh.  How do I delete it completely with all of the info so I can have a clean slate? 

Thanks all.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: How to completely erase to start over
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, »
Normally xLights ask for a working directory where all of the sequences, music and setup is stored.
I guess just delete that directory or rename it so xLights can't find it.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bassmants

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, »
OK, I think I was able to get it clean.  Now, I am a little confused about lighting networks.  Last year I was at 136 channels, but I am adding some smart elements including a 1920 channel megatree.  The lighting network only lets me put up to 512 channels?  Isn't a pixelnet universe up to 2048?   Then when I tried to export a Nutcracker sequence to Vixen it gave me an error.  Hopufully I can figure this out with your help.  Thanks

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK, I think I was able to get it clean.  Now, I am a little confused about lighting networks.  Last year I was at 136 channels, but I am adding some smart elements including a 1920 channel megatree.  The lighting network only lets me put up to 512 channels?  Isn't a pixelnet universe up to 2048?   Then when I tried to export a Nutcracker sequence to Vixen it gave me an error.  Hopufully I can figure this out with your help.  Thanks

First a Pixelnet universe is actually 4096 channels. In xlights you will set up a number of universes @ 512 each. How many channels will you be using and what protocol are you going to be using? IE usb dongle, Etd pixelnet, E1.31 ect

You can edit the number of channels during set up, just need to know what your set up is going to be. Let me know and I can walk you through the set up.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline bassmants

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, »
I will mess with it some more tonight and I will definitely hit you up for some info.  I am using all lynx hardware including Etd, express, ss hub and ss's in Vixen. It is expanding and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.  Last season was fairly simple with only DMX.  The NWClap meeting really got my gears turning.  Thanks for the help.

Terry

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, »
Hey Terry, No problem at all. Other than Xlights you will need to flash your Etd for Pixelnet. This will be a "Cake Walk"!  ;)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, »
In xlights just specify e1.31 and 16 universes.  Put any DMX stuff in the first 512 channels and you will be fine.  That is how I run mine.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA