Author Topic: Panels of pixels  (Read 1213 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Panels of pixels
« on: May 13, 2013, »
Has there been any requests to allow for panels of pixels vs strings that run up/down or left/right? 
Each panel could be its own matrix or if needed combined together to make a larger matrix.

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Panels of pixels
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, »
There is a vendor for panels (42 WS2801 pixels) who says that Nutcracker is working on a way to do that.

Time will tell. I'd bet that it happens eventually.

I know that I have two horizontal panels (40 x 12) that I currently must put "one above the other" to work with xLights.
If the panel choice happens, I could set them end to end, giving me a 80 x 12 matrix instead of 40 x24.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is a vendor for panels (42 WS2801 pixels) who says that Nutcracker is working on a way to do that.

Time will tell. I'd bet that it happens eventually.

I know that I have two horizontal panels (40 x 12) that I currently must put "one above the other" to work with xLights.
If the panel choice happens, I could set them end to end, giving me a 80 x 12 matrix instead of 40 x24.

The answer is yes to both questions.

I will be working for matrices to start in all 4 corners (upper left, bottom left, upper right, bottom right).
I have one of the Seasonal Entertainment 7x6 matrix panels. 43 ws2801's. I want to make it so you can build a matrix out of smaller matrices. I hope to have the seasonal matrix panels supported by the academy in july.

probably the being able to wrap from teh four corners would also be done by then.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ponddude

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, »
We sent Sean some panels and gave him some ideas as to what our customers have requested. As we use Nutcracker regularly I am sure whatever he comes up with will work out just fine.  The beauty is the panels can be turned in any direction and used in any orientation you want, which I am sure is a challenge for Sean.  Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. <res.
Greg
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login