Author Topic: LSP website  (Read 3824 times)

Offline keitha43

LSP website
« on: May 16, 2013, »
Looks like it may have been hacked again. The web page says it is inactive.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: LSP website
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, »
They keep having issues. Cody has been working hard on it! had to reload all of the data 2 days ago. Maybe new server is not so good???

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, »
Seeing the same thing. Hopefully all the LOR users will stop the hacking!!!! KIDDING!!!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, »
 <la..

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, »
I hope it is just growing pains but I admit I am becoming concerned with this kinda stuff and the lack of progress.  Sure it is spring and there is plenty of time per se but there are lots of bugs.  Thought there might be at least an update with some bugs fixed by now.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hope it is just growing pains but I admit I am becoming concerned with this kinda stuff and the lack of progress.  Sure it is spring and there is plenty of time per se but there are lots of bugs.  Thought there might be at least an update with some bugs fixed by now.   

I understand your pain Sam, but I think they have been targeting mid summer all along. Complete rewrite of the scheduler is going to take a lot of time. AND fixing all of the bugs cannot be easy either!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, »
I believe the timetable for beta testing wasn't to begin until mid summer. At least that is what I think I remember reading postings of their QCC meetings they post in their forum. The scheduler is being rebuilt from the ground up.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, »
I don't mean to sound negative, just concerned...  No argument the QCC have their work cut out for em.  I hope they don't spend all their effort on the Scheduler, since I now have faith in the Conductor and plan to use it.  Hope I am not divulging, but I am totally stoked being on the Conductor beta.  It is clear RJ want this dialed in NOW.  We're very close to being done.  Very much improved.  My LSP exported show plays better than the current LSP scheduler.  Nice to see shimmer work for once. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, »
I can't blame them as the scheduler was the biggest problem and most people didn't have conductors or knew about xlights or had incompatible controllers or video. Unless the scheduler improved they would lose a lot of customers. I think the current version sequencer is much improved over older versions.

Offline kfxi

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, »
I tried to log on to LSP I wanted to purchase the program, but when I hit the front page a notice poped up that I needed to update my audio program I clicked ok and the system started installing files on my computer at a rapid rate.  My anti virus program flashed a warning and I tried to stop the program but could not so as a last resort I shut the computer down.  When I rebooted there were several strange files on the hard drive that took some doing to erase.  This was several days ago and now when I try to get on the site I can't get past the front page.  I would like to purchase LSP hope they get their problems fixed.

Ken

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, »
I tried to log on to LSP I wanted to purchase the program, but when I hit the front page a notice poped up that I needed to update my audio program I clicked ok and the system started installing files on my computer at a rapid rate.  My anti virus program flashed a warning and I tried to stop the program but could not so as a last resort I shut the computer down.  When I rebooted there were several strange files on the hard drive that took some doing to erase.  This was several days ago and now when I try to get on the site I can't get past the front page.  I would like to purchase LSP hope they get their problems fixed.

Ken

Ken,

They did just change their web server and have been having some issues. I know they have been working very hard on it, so hang in there. Not sure what has happened today.

Roger

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, »
Just received a note that the Hosting Company has taken LSP offline. DUH  ;) Don't know why yet!

RD

Offline urthegman

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, »
I don't know why they just don't include xlights/Nutcracker as their scheduler. I put in a request for that and export to .xseq two days ago, I'm not really expecting it to happen, though it would be incredible if it did.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, by urthegman »

Offline caretaker

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, »
Well they either haven't payed there bill OR the software is crashing the server OR the site got hacked and they need to do a clean install. 
Jeff Squires

Offline urthegman

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, »
That is funny Jeff, I wonder what version they are using???  <la..