Author Topic: Copy profile and sequences to new house?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline bking85295

Is there a way to copy over both the profile and the sequences to a new file for a new house?

I want to keep most of the same programming, knowing I will have to make some changes since the house will be a bit different.

And once copied over, how do you change some of the channel names within the sequences and profile to match some of the changes  necessary for the new house?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Copy profile and sequences to new house?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, »
Sure there is

Open up the Vixen folder (windows Explorer) and then go to your profile folder. Copy and paste your profile. Then rename that file to whatever you like.

To Change Channel names. You do that in Vixen. Click on Profiles then Manage. A window will pop up with your Profile names. Select your new profile and then click on the circle with two diagonal lines in it (Center circle)

Double click on the channel you need to change and then Channel Properties box will open up. You can now change the name and color. Continue editing the channels as needed. (By clicking on the < or > buttons). When done just click on the close button. Then click on the Done button.

For Sequences you can do the same as the Profile (use Windows Explorer) or in Vixen you open up your sequence make changes (i.e.: Select the new profile, etc) then go to the Sequence menu and click on Save As then give the Seq a new name. Most of the time I put the year in front of the name. To select the new profile. While in Vixen and your Sequence open. Click on the Profile menu and click on the Attach sequence to profile. Then select your new profile, click open and you should see your changes. Save your sequence (if you didn't rename it yet make sure you do the Save as option in the Sequence menu)

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Copy profile and sequences to new house?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, »
You should also read the following as there are tools here that can help you a lot.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA